Unlimited access >

Affordable Columbus, OH H/J Barns?

I’m looking for an affordable H/J barn in Columbus, OH (I’m relocating and not very familiar with the horse community there), preferably on the Northwest side of the city. I don’t mind driving a bit, and I would like a barn where I could eventually lease and show a horse (either locally or on the A circuit). However, I haven’t ridden in awhile and therefore would like a barn that would be open to just me taking lessons for a bit while I get back in the swing of things. Anybody have any suggestions? I don’t mind driving into the countryside to avoid having to pay $70+ for a single lesson :slight_smile: Thanks everyone!!!

Possible contact in the area - Eventing trainer

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Katherine-Groesbeck-Eventing/244716562248727

Where will you be living? Welcome to Columbus, I relocated from Phoenix almost three years ago, and while I found some things hard to adjust to, the equine side of my life couldn’t be better!mi ride at hunters court farm in Johnstown Ohio, about 25 minutes from the short north. I did a TON of research before I moved here so happy to share my experiences with you if you want to PM me. Also look at the Delaware horse show trainers link, that lists just about everyone. Let me know how I can help!

Thank you guys! And Zoey101, I’ll check out that link and PM you with any questions!! :slight_smile: As for where I’m living, it’s near the Dublin/Hilliard area, so Johnstown might be a bit of a hike for me, but it might be worth the drive if I could get a half lease there!

Lindsey Yinger’s program is amazing. If you’re looking for something more affordable, check out Jamie at Empress Valley. She’s a great coach.

Hi there, I sent you a PM.

I’ll check them both out! Thanks a bunch!

Dublin/Hilliard I might suggest Jen Nadalin at Sugar Run Farm, however she is gone alot (shows 10 out of the 12 months) and while her training and care are excellent, I did find her pricey. Happy to answer any questions you might have, like I said, I did a TON of research before I moved.

Duzan Riding Academy!!! If you just google Duzan Riding Academy it will come up

I also live in Dublin and board my horse at Timber Run Farm in Johnstown – the drive for me is about 30 minutes, so not terrible. I would highly recommend the hunter/jumper trainer there, Bev Newton. She’s been phenomenal for me over the past few years.

I would also second Nicole Parrill at Hunters Court Farm, as previously mentioned. The facility is gorgeous and while I’ve never taken a lesson there, she was wonderful to work with in other capacities.

Close by your location is Maureen Fagan at Limerick Lane Farm in Hilliard. I’ve never personally worked with her, but her horses and riders always do well at the local hunter/jumper shows.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or whatnot! I love the Columbus area, and I think you’ll enjoy the hunter/jumper scene here :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for the info! I look forward to moving to the Columbus area! :slight_smile:

If you end up at HCF, introduce youself! My mare’s name is Zoey :slight_smile:

Will do! Thanks for all of your help! I won’t be in the area until January and probably won’t start looking at barns until February, so it’ll probably be awhile. But I’ll definitely say hi if I end up there :smiley:

You might want to go to the OHJA and OPHA websites, the state associations. OHJA is more southwest Ohio, OPHA more north and east. Least help you learn locations ( see if you can find them on a Google map) typical shows and show dates and make the names sound more familiar. You will also be about 3 -4 hours drive from the KHP and all the things to see and do there.

Forgot to mention, but these two websites might be good resources for you. They are the two show circuits in the Columbus Area and have some good trainer directories!

Delaware Showtime Series - Click on “Trainers” at the top
Equivents Show Series

1 Like

Thanks, Brutus614!