Unlimited access >

AIKEN SC -- LOOKING FOR EVENTING DRESSAGE TRAINER FOR HORSE

Hello all! I am moving to Aiken in January and am hoping this move gives me a chance to move forward in the eventing world. I just graduated college and rode on the eventing team for my school, and while my horse has all of the natural jumping ability in the world, her dressage is sadly lacking. I am wanting to brush her up on basic dressage skills. I dont look to compete any higher than training or prelim, but we need some more dressage under her to move up from novice. I will be boarding at Full Gallop, and would like to see if a trainer is willing to travel out there. Please give me some recommendations (and prices if you know them!!)
Thank you!!

I do not know where Doug Payne is in Aiken, but he has a super Dressage background, as well as having placed at Rolex Kentucky. Right now, he is based in Tryon, NC, but goes down to Aiken later.

[QUOTE=GabyMartino;8917107]
Hello all! I am moving to Aiken in January and am hoping this move gives me a chance to move forward in the eventing world. I just graduated college and rode on the eventing team for my school, and while my horse has all of the natural jumping ability in the world, her dressage is sadly lacking. I am wanting to brush her up on basic dressage skills. I dont look to compete any higher than training or prelim, but we need some more dressage under her to move up from novice. I will be boarding at Full Gallop, and would like to see if a trainer is willing to travel out there. Please give me some recommendations (and prices if you know them!!)
Thank you!![/QUOTE]

Laura Vandervliet!

Check out Kate Brown. KBEventing.com. She’s awesome.

OP Be aware that most of the upper-level event riders work with Dressage trainers for their dressage, and Open Jumper riders for their stadium work.

Pierre Cousyn - great instructor for all levels and eventers too. Moved to Aiken recently so maybe not widely known there, but do a search on this board to learn more about him.

www.cousyndressage.com

Simon Eades gives lessons out of Full Gallop. My daughter trains with him and loves him.

[QUOTE=oldernewbie;8921969]
Pierre Cousyn - great instructor for all levels and eventers too. Moved to Aiken recently so maybe not widely known there, but do a search on this board to learn more about him.

www.cousyndressage.com[/QUOTE]

I’ve never ridden with Pierre (or his wife Miriam) but they’re very nice people with excellent horsemanship skills. They’d be at the top of my list.

Laura Klecker (Beyonddressage.com) straight dressage, really fun, patient, great instruction

Lynn Coates-Holmes (http://lcheventing.com) upper level eventer, fab teacher of all 3 phases