Unlimited access >

Alberto Fasciani boots.. reviews/are they legal?

So I’m looking into buying new boots and came across Alberto Fasciani boots…

http://www.albertofasciani.it/index.php/riding/standard/boots.html

They are beautiful and pretty inexpensive but I’m having a hard time finding any reviews on their actual riding boots. Does anybody have these or know anyone who has them?

ALSO… as you can see in the pictures/descriptions that they have a grippy rubber inside of the bootleg. I am mainly in the jumper ring but DO ride for my IHSA team… Would these be legal? I’ve just never seen any boots like this but it sounds nice. Thanks!!

I wouldn’t know if the boots were legal but I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t be. I have however Heard complaints that the rubbergrips work fantastic unless your horse works up a sweat, then they become very slippery instead. Might be good to keep in mind if you show a lot in hot weather.

[QUOTE=teagles;7379930]
So I’m looking into buying new boots and came across Alberto Fasciani boots…

http://www.albertofasciani.it/index.php/riding/standard/boots.html

They are beautiful and pretty inexpensive but I’m having a hard time finding any reviews on their actual riding boots. Does anybody have these or know anyone who has them?

ALSO… as you can see in the pictures/descriptions that they have a grippy rubber inside of the bootleg. I am mainly in the jumper ring but DO ride for my IHSA team… Would these be legal? I’ve just never seen any boots like this but it sounds nice. Thanks!![/QUOTE]
I have no idea of IHSA rules regarding the rubber, but those boots do look lovely.
I wish I was in a place to think $550 boots were “pretty inexpensive”!

[QUOTE=DancingQueen;7380069]
I have however Heard complaints that the rubbergrips work fantastic unless your horse works up a sweat, then they become very slippery instead. Might be good to keep in mind if you show a lot in hot weather.[/QUOTE]

I never thought about that… Thanks for the input!

Dont get me wrong, that is still a chunk of change but for custom boots its a steal!

I would be very careful using these in an IHSA show without finding out for absolute certain that they are legal. As you probably know, the spray on or roll on sticky stuff is NOT allowed. I would also check with your coach that he/she would be ok with the adornments on the top. I don’t think any of my coaches would have approved of them.

EDIT: obviously I’m a ding-dong and only saw the ones on the top row. I see now that there are more traditional tops as well.

[QUOTE=Sarah616;7392650]
I would be very careful using these in an IHSA show without finding out for absolute certain that they are legal. As you probably know, the spray on or roll on sticky stuff is NOT allowed. I would also check with your coach that he/she would be ok with the adornments on the top. I don’t think any of my coaches would have approved of them.

EDIT: obviously I’m a ding-dong and only saw the ones on the top row. I see now that there are more traditional tops as well.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah I will definitely go for the traditional look… and I know!! I really love these but I don’t want to risk it :frowning: I was hoping someone here would be able to answer that for me.

Highjacking in response to a comment here; where in the IHSA Rulebook does it say anything about what comprises “legal” riding boots, and roll-on sticky stuff being illegal? I looked in “tack and aids” and “attire and headgear” and did not find anything addressing boots, period. Thanks.

I would worry about the rubber ruining the saddle, no?

The IHSA rulebook basically leaves attire up to the discretion of the show committee (“A show committee may,
at its discretion, bar any entry or person from entering the ring if not
suitably presented to appear before an audience…”)

I have seen people show in black rubber tall boots before in IHSA in lower levels. I am sure these would be completely appropriate and would never even bring up a mention.

[QUOTE=Rel6;7396967]
The IHSA rulebook basically leaves attire up to the discretion of the show committee (“A show committee may,
at its discretion, bar any entry or person from entering the ring if not
suitably presented to appear before an audience…”)

I have seen people show in black rubber tall boots before in IHSA in lower levels. I am sure these would be completely appropriate and would never even bring up a mention.[/QUOTE]

While show management might not question it, the coaches I rode under would never have allowed rubber boots, especially in the show ring. If you didn’t have nice boots and couldn’t afford to buy some, someone on the team would loan you whatever you needed to look presentable in the show ring.

I have never actually read the rule book, but I distinctly remember our coaches saying as we were preparing for Nationals, to not even use sticky stuff in lessons; if a steward saw what looked like even OLD sticky stuff, they could eliminate the rider. Now, maybe they were just trying to scare us, but I wouldn’t risk it. And obviously it doesn’t say anything about the rubber grips like these boots have. But like I said before, if you’re serious about IHSA, check with your coach.

I posted your IHSA question on my facebook, because I was truly curious if anyone knew an official ruling. One of the answers i got back:
[while it doesn’t say anything specifically in the rule book] I asked our barn manager at Hollins and she said that the IHSA board would have to say whether it is or isn’t, but they do not allow ANY sticky stuff on your boots at Nationals.

Ok, i posted this on the spin-off thread about sticky stuff:

After reading the rule book, and another COTH thread about IHSA, this is what I found:

4700: Tack and Aids

4701 Neither substitution of tack or aids nor addition of materials by exhibitors which could affect horse or tack shall be permitted unless approved by show management, or per Rule 1400.

(Bold was my doing)

After reading the other thread where mention was made of a horse’s skin being rubbed raw from use of sticky stuff, I think this rule could be interpreted to include no sticky stuff. Anyone who has used it knows the residue that gets left on saddles and horses’ hair, and has also most likely come away with hair stuck on their boots.

So instead of it not being allowed because it would enhance rider position, perhaps this is why most (all?) schools don’t allow it. Again, just my interpretation.

So it doesn’t answer your question about these boots in particular. Now that I have read the rule book, and made that interpretation, it seems that these rubber grips would be allowed, as long as your coach is ok with it.

I’m assuming you have other boots you are riding in now? IHSA shows are about 8 a year, with no guarantee you are going to regionals or zones let alone nationals.

Buy the boots you want and if push comes to shove just show in whatever you are wearing now.

Totally off topic, but the brown ones are beautiful!!!

[QUOTE=Rel6;7398210]
I’m assuming you have other boots you are riding in now? IHSA shows are about 8 a year, with no guarantee you are going to regionals or zones let alone nationals.

Buy the boots you want and if push comes to shove just show in whatever you are wearing now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that’s obviously what I would do but the reason I need new boots is because mine are falling apart. I would hate to pay for new custom boots to not even be able to show in them in my only equitation classes I do anymore.

Thanks for everyone’s input it’s been very helpful! I’ll be sure to talk with my coach before making any purchases.

Also if anyone is interested in purchasing these I have an email address that is much easier to actually get in contact with someone :slight_smile: