Unlimited access >

ALBION LEGEND K2 DRESSAGE SADDLE? LIKES, DISLIKES AND HOW DO THEY FIT?

I ran across an xw hoop tree built Albion Legend K2 dressage saddle for a good price. I have ridden in the old Legend Lux saddles and liked it, the Albion Original Comfort - wayyy too wide for my hips, killed me. I own an XW Albion SLK Ulltima, used to love it, but now it feels too wide and harder for me to get my legs straight and on the horse, I am only 5’2" and have a sacroiliac injury. I used to own an Albion Brentina SLK that I ADORED, but it was only a wide tree, and didn’t fit any of my round horses, so sadly I sold it. The Brentina had a narrow seat, only 10", and a narrower twist, loved it!

I have a very round, short/curvy backed Lipizzan pony mare, 14.1h,

I ride her in a Euroriding Luxor, which I love, but it may be a smidge too narrow on her. It has a very narrow twist for a wide saddle, and the balance is great for me. The flexible points and the panels fit her better than about 30 other saddles I’ve tried.

I also have this new guy, who may or may not be a permanent resident. He has a very curvy back, high in back, low in the middle, then high and wide through the withers.

and one of him in the Luxor

So, I would like to hear from people who have ridden in the saddle, how is the balance, the twist, and the overall feel. And as far as fit, is it pretty flat front to back, or would it possibly fit a curvier and very short backed horse? What price do they tend to sell for now? I know Albions are no longer in such high demand as they were…

Thanks, I would love any input, as an expensive new saddle is out for now.

anyone???

I can’t believe no one ever answered this! Hope OP is still around. Not to execute a mini-hijack, but I’ve been wondering what the difference is between the Legend, Legend 5000, and Legend K2. Must not be too many Albion gurus in COTH land.

Also to semi-answer your question, I have a Lux currently and it’s an amazing saddle. The wide tree is stupid wide, short wide serge panels fit my short backed flat horse very well, and the buffalo leather is dreamy. I do find the twist to be pretty wide though, and the knee roll hits me oddly unless my stirrups are looooong.

I had a legend 5000, loved it, it was more “open” than other Albions (but I still love most of them), and even the medium wide fit basically everything I rode (granted mostly big shouldered a shaped horses). I now have an slk platinum with a narrow seat, praying to god it fits the new very broad horse.