Unlimited access >

Alec Lawler

This just came across my FB feed: https://horsenetwork.com/2023/01/show-jumper-alec-lawler-arrested-on-felony-sex-crime-charges/

I hadn’t heard that he’d been under investigation by SS or anything else, so just putting this out as an FYI, if anyone is interested.

sounds like this may be and internet based case and not something involving his direct barn contacts. USEF and SS will have to be given time to catch up on something that just happened yesterday. I suspect this is an FBI / internet type case based on the slim information in the article. I would assume SS would not have known about it

3 Likes

After leaving Charlebois did he have a business in NorCal before moving to LA? If so, did his NorCal clients go with? Curious why the move and whether it could be related…

Did he used to work for John Charlebois?

Alec Lawler worked for John Charlebois from Spring 2019 to Spring 2020. In the Spring of 2020 (almost three years ago) he left Charlebois Farm to start his own business Alec Lawler Show Jumping which is now at the Portola Valley Training Center. He took with him multiple horses and clients when he started his own barn. Alec Lawler Show Jumping has a few juniors in Northern California and an assistant that runs the Northern California arm of his barn. Alec Lawler Show Jumping clients attend shows with Meadow Grove Farm.

1 Like

Aside from the latest disturbing news, in November 2022, Alec bought a small ranch in Chatsworth where I used to keep my horse. He bought it to make it into his new dream training and sales barn.

Thanks.

Alec Lawler is on the USEF interim suspension list for allegations of misconduct.

3 Likes

Yep this ^

Generally penal code 288.2A2: Sending Harmful Matter with Intent to Seduce a Minor is characterized as something along the lines of sending “pron” or even images of himself of s*xualized nature over text, email, Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok, etc. with language or context that implies him & them (the minor) having that sort of interaction.

Likely recent and ongoing up until recently, something along the lines of a parent found out and got FBI/ authorities involved in real time.

$140,000 bail is steep… that is generally not the bail amount for “just” lewd texts between adult and minor.

7 Likes

From the look of things, he was actively pursuing - making an effort - to have sex with or interactions of a sexual nature with one or more minors and was sending them sexual images or written communication of a sexual nature. Beyond that we know nothing, but his social media accounts - Facebook and Instagram - went offline very quickly, which leads one to conclude that he was using those to find and interact with potential sexual partners. We’ll have to keep an eye on the news to see how this plays out.

2 Likes

My hearsay based understanding is the parents found out and called the police and then the police observed him…

2 Likes

I live in Chatsworth, do you know which property?

I think that you can look up property records online. Though I don’t know how to do it, you might google how to look up property records in your area.

10869 Farralone is the address.

Don’t know where that address is located – which Chatsworth? The name can be found in many states. I don’t know this trainer or where located.

These days most counties in the U.S. have their property records available online to the public. You are probably looking for the Central Appraisal District website for that county, following links to property records search. Or the site may be named in reference to property tax, or just property records.

Chatsworth, CA.