Unlimited access >

Alex Canchari Suicide

Heartbreaking.

1 Like

That’s so sad. I hope his family finds peace.

1 Like

I’ve been following horse racing since I retired and have watched Canterbury Park racing live on YouTube. I’ve gotten to know Alex Canchari’s name from there, among others.

It breaks my heart that things seem so difficult in life that one would choose such a final way out.

2 Likes

It is impossible to know and to understand the depth of other people’s pain. :anguished:

9 Likes

I wonder how many concussions he has had, or even just knocks to the head. CTE can cause suicidal tendencies as seen in football players

3 Likes

So very sad that this was the only way this troubled man could find some peace… my heart goes out to all who loved him.

1 Like

We know so little about CTEs. In some cases I understand it can arise from a single concussion, one in which no rest was taken before getting ‘back into the game’.

So heartbreaking, like a punch in the gut. Beautiful young family with a baby on the way. My condolences to his family.

2 Likes
4 Likes

tragic

If it is found by the research center that he did have CTE, are there laws in place making this a death a consequence of his work and the state disability program may have funds for the family?