Alexander Technique?

Anyone out there know of any Alexander Technique therapists that work with equestrians?

Yes I work with equestrians and am an Alexander technique teacher in the northern VA area, offices in Warrenton and Culpeper VA

just my 2 sense!

Most if not all registered physical therapists are “trained” in this and other techniques/methods/modalities.
But a physical therapist who is an equestrian is ALWAYS a plus. Ditto for the doc!!
Why do you think you need someone who only does this technique anyway?

Alexander Technique for Equestrians

Hi there,

I am an Alexander Technique instructor who works with equestrians in the Oregon/SW Washington area.

Any questions I can answer?

Feel free to check out my website at thesupplerider.com

:slight_smile:

Emily Clark

Thanks guys! Alexander Technique and the Feldenkrais Method were recommended by my osteopath as well as by my sport psychologist, but for very different reasons! Hey, I figure if they can be on the same page it must be a good thing!

How about Centered Riding? Sally Swift used the Alexander technique to get beyond the physical problems she had early in life. A good CR instructor can give you a lot of help, particularly with regard to position and how your body works with and against your horse. She has 2 books out. The original “Centered Riding” volume gives a great overview of the technique. “Centered Riding 2” has tons of exercises with plenty of pictures and diagrams. Many are things we’ve done in CR clinics.

Hi! The website www.alexandertechnique.com is a great resource for finding a certified Alexander Technique teacher in your area. The certification requirements for an Alexander teacher is a minimum of 1600 hours of study in the technique. The teachers on that website will meet those qualifications.

I also agree that Sally Swift’s Centered Riding book is a great book for equestrians.

I currently work with equestrians only in the Los Angeles area.

Best of luck in your search! :slight_smile:
Leah