Unlimited access >

Am I Seeing Things? 😬

Came across this on my news feed.
Am I the only one seeing a 2H BP trailer?
Being refitted as a camper?

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/silver-moon-is-a-dirt-cheap-aluminum-camper-the-perfect-canvas-for-off-grid-living-188716.html

That is what it looks like to me too.

I believe there is a whole facebook group about this very topic (converting your trailer or converting your tack room).

well if it catches on it is going to drive the cost of horse trailers up a bunch as the article claims they paid nearly $15k for a shell… no fittings, no dividers, nothing other as they said the shell.

Currently the horse trailer manufactures are way behind on orders, if they get others for shells at the same or near the same price of a finished trailer (that they have to warranty) … my guess is they would push the shells to front of the production line as these would not have a warranty since they are not being used for the intended use, nor involve the addition labor and costs of the horse specific needs

1 Like

Surely that can’t be cheaper then just buying a camper? Is there a shortage of campers, that they need to start using horse trailers?

I think there have been some delivery issues on that front, yes.

I am thinking this is more of a case where the person wanted something specific…not what they could actually buy.

:grin: Y’all are my Peeps!
Knew it wasn’t just me.

My 2¢ links it to the Tiny Home craze.
Of which I am an addict.
I want nothing more than to attach one of those ~400sf wonders to my indoor & - to paraphrase Scarlett O’Hara: “As God is my witness, never set foot outdoors in Winter to feed again!”.

2 Likes

WeeRoll also makes really tiny campers.
I am a member of Horse Trailer Conversion II, a facebook group. Most of the posts are about tackroom conversions into LQ; but some folks have converted small BPs into campers. Some great ideas to be found there.

1 Like