Unlimited access >

American Eventing Championships Announcers?

Does anyone know who the xc livestream announcers are?

According to this article it is Dorothy Crowell and Frankie Thieriot-Stutes

1 Like

I was looking for an AEC thread! I was watching most of Elisa Wallace’s round live. According to live scores, she came in with 8 time penalties and 0 faults. The next thing I know, it got changed to E. Does anyone know what happened?

1 Like

I was wondering the same. Fence 4 is where the E is showing, which was the brush corner. I wonder if she missed the flags? I wasn’t sure if missing the flags was an E or points, and I couldn’t find it in the rules when I looked through (maybe I’m thinking of FEI?). I’m sure she will let us know, but I am wondering the same.

Thanks for the info! I’m not well versed in reading Eventing scoring (I’m a H/J person myself), so that I was more info than I had. Appreciate the insight :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Now Elisa is back up in 8th place! WOO!!!

Just saw that and was coming back to tell you! Haha!

Are they not following the broadcast schedule? I’m so confused.

I believe it is Frankie Thieriot Stutes, Dorothy Trapp Crowell and I believe Lynn Symansky was doing SJ. There was someone else earlier today that I didnt identify.

Kelly Prather (I believe) was on earlier in the day. I’ve really been enjoying the commentary!

During the broadcasting of the BN stadium round of a friend of mine, the female announcer left and it was 2 males. My friend is a lovely LOVELY rider who was having a great round on her very green thoroughbred and from the time she came in the ring to the end, the announcers snickered, said they didn’t know there WAS eventing ion Kansas (I’m sorry but many of the top spots in training , prelim and modified WERE from right here in Kansas.) Kansas has 2 large eventing venues in KC with smaller ones in the state. We are very committed and passionate about eventing . With the blood sweat and tears that folks take to get to AEC’s, to have the announcer snicker and be disrespectful during her perfect ride would have brought me to tears if it were me.

4 Likes

Please mention it in the event evaluation form. That’s a horrible experience. I submitted a note to them that it was ridiuclous we had to pay for parking.

I was listening live. How do I submit
something?

I copy/pasted my response above in the eval. This is why the lower levels feel they get no respect from the USEA. If this had been a training or above round, I bet the conversation would have been better. Asshat commenattors!

2 Likes

I sent a note to John Kyle that he made a rude comment during Land Rover. Our trainer was doing her first 5 star and her bell boot came off during xc. He was snarky that she was shedding equipment and how embarrassing it was for her groom. I told him she has a barn full of students watching her livestream and didn’t need to hear his rude comment.

I heard that comment! Do people not realize this person’s family and friends are watching??

1 Like

Exactly and it was dumb. Bell boot coming off is not shedding equipment. She wasn’t getting any coverage anyway because of ML going around same time and we had to hear that.

When I was doing my first 5* at Rolex in 2015, Karen O’Connor’s loudest comment on the live stream was about how my stock tie had come out of my jacket. I used that rude and embarrassing comment to dictate what I have and have not said when I’m been fortunate enough to commentate.

8 Likes

Unfortunately, the parking is a Kentucky Horse Park thing and the shows have zero control of it. They make sure to have people in the parking booths when there are big competitions going on. On days there aren’t shows, it’s pretty common to never see anyone there to collect parking fees. The shows cannot include it in their fees.