Unlimited access >

American Invitational

Not working well here either. Very stop and start.

Yeah it’s too painful to watch. You can’t see anything that’s going on. (Yes it makes me feel better to keep whining)

Back to TX - don’t have the patience for this …

Wow! Unfortunate for Shane Sweetnam, but way to hang on! Love that horse though!

Is it just me or is the live stream making the horses look oddly proportioned?

[QUOTE=Ponytoes;7514664]
Back to TX - don’t have the patience for this …[/QUOTE]

What is the link to that one?

really is everyone having trouble?? The live stream has been pretty good for me. I had a little buffering during the a/o but that is it.

The stream has been great for me, too - check your quality settings.

Feed is working fine for me. However the black side bar is extremely annoying. Who is commentating with Jimmy?

Proving to be a tough course so far. Who are the commentators? They are doing a good job I think. It’s interesting one of them has though a few of the horses were too reactive to their bits. Perhaps this environment is backing the horses off a lot more than riders are used to.

Jimmy Torano, Kenny Krause, and Debby Stephens are commentating.

Debbie Stephens and Kenny Kraus are commentating with Jimmy.

I echo checking the quality settings as I’ve had no issues since the jr/ao challenge.

Is there a leader board? Anyone know if there is live scoring?

I want to be Beezie when I grow up.

[QUOTE=woodhillsmanhattan;751470]
It’s interesting one of them has though a few of the horses were too reactive to their bits. Perhaps this environment is backing the horses off a lot more than riders are used to.[/QUOTE]

I’m watching in person. I think some of the horses are handling the footing better than others. Three clear so far. Lauren Hough, Beezie and Rodrigo.

[QUOTE=MHM;7514756]
I’m watching in person. I think some of the horses are handling the footing better than others. Three clear so far. Lauren Hough, Beezie and Rodrigo.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I work in turfgrass entomology so I was wondering how the turf would hold up and influence how the horses go. My friends are making fun of me for texting them and being a turf nerd right now.

Follow Stadium Jumping on twitter for live updates after every round. There are also updates in their Facebook page.

[QUOTE=woodhillsmanhattan;7514769]
Interesting. I work in turfgrass entomology so I was wondering how the turf would hold up and influence how the horses go. My friends are making fun of me for texting them and being a turf nerd right now.[/QUOTE]
It definitely looks like a soft surface - I can see lots of hoof prints and a few bigger divots (some almost skid marks).

I agree with the announcers - I was actually fairly impressed with the crowd, considering that it is a pro football stadium and those things are huge!

Go Margie!

[QUOTE=woodhillsmanhattan;7514769]
Interesting. I work in turfgrass entomology so I was wondering how the turf would hold up and influence how the horses go. My friends are making fun of me for texting them and being a turf nerd right now.[/QUOTE]
There are huge divots all over the place. Especially by the ingate where they turn after the third jump. The crew is tamping them down after every round, but still. And the schooling area outside is sand, so the horses don’t get much chance to adjust to the grass.

Meredith Michaels -Beerbaum and Margie just went clear. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=PolymerChem;7514785]

I agree with the announcers - I was actually fairly impressed with the crowd, considering that it is a pro football stadium and those things are huge![/QUOTE]
There are quite a few people here to watch! I was pleasantly surprised. :slight_smile: