Unlimited access >

Amerigo Saddle Serial Number

So I’ve recently been gifted a horse by a generous individual. Previously horse was ridden in an 2001 Amerigo saddle. I took a picture of sweat flap so I could look for something similar. I know Amerigo does very specific things with their serial numbers but I’m a bit stumped. I have emailed them to ask this question but no response yet.

Usually the tree size is stamped with an N and then -/+ to show tree width. This saddle is stamped with a C. No accompanying numbers. Reynolds is written below. Does anyone have an idea what the C means vs N? Thank you!

I have an Amerigo from the early 2000s as well, and it also does not have the N+/- stamp. Mine has “M” plus a name along with the rest of the serial number - I was told the name is the original owner who custom-ordered it (mine is long and forward flaps).

Mine is a medium tree, but not sure if the “M” stamp indicates that or something else. The person I bought the saddle from had emailed Amerigo with the serial number and then forwarded me the response and they confirmed it was originally a medium.

One problem you may find is that the tree may have been widened or narrowed from the original setting so it may not line up with the stamp - Amerigo did warn of this when they replied about mine.

ETA - found the guide on the Amerigo site on how to read. The M is standard medium, and then any +/- after indicates narrower or wider. If you have no +/- then it should be (originally) a medium like mine: https://www.amerigo-saddles.com/saddles-product-care/ (scroll down and click on “How to read the serial number”.

Keep in mind that not everyone stamps if the saddle has been taken in or out, so you really don’t know if the saddle has been changed unless you trust the original owner. A saddle fitter would be able to tell though.

The amerigos can be taken in or out up to +2 or -2. So even if the width isn’t correct now you can potentially change it.

What you want to know is the tree shape, the model name will tell you that. Do you know what model it is?

Tagging on- here is a list of abbreviation codes for models.

1 Like

OMG I have been searching for that for eternity! Thank you!

Don’t ask me how I know these things. I don’t even own an Amerigo.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: Im glad you do!