Andrew McConnon horse abuse

The bloodied stirrup picture is already on Google images under an Andrew McConnon search.

17 Likes

this video alone warrants harsh discipline imo. It shows a violent man who canā€™t control his emotions in the saddle. He needs a new career, like yesterday.

25 Likes

This makes my heart hurt for those poor horses. :frowning_face:

24 Likes

This. It just crushes my heart to see this poor horse.
Again, this is not training, it is simply cruelty and abuse by someone who ā€˜canā€™ against a poor creature who has no defense and no protection.
It makes me sick to think of it.

23 Likes

I canā€™t like this post, but I agree. What a garbage human being this person is. He needs to go down faster than Charlotte Dujardin.

But, let me guess: though there are more videos of him and worse behaviour shown, he wonā€™t acknowledge it, apologise, and ask for a suspension, will he?

25 Likes

I am so angry at this! Did he learn nothing from the CDJ incident? If I ever witnessed this in person, Iā€™ll pull that bastard off the horse and start whipping him and punching him in the head. WTAF?

12 Likes

I get that FEI/USEF have limited jurisdiction in some instances. I feel like a better approach is to blast the people bankrolling these abusers. Use social media to shame them into putting these monsters out of business?

19 Likes

I found more pictures and such on fb by searching his name then clicking Posts.

These open secrets are the worst. I get it, that investigations take time and should be private, but it sounds like TPTB have persistently looked the other way.

10 Likes

heā€™s travelling on a grant so who funded that grant? Thereā€™s a start.

6 Likes

Can you link the other pics or pm? I canā€™t find them.

1 Like

Sponsors. ETA: typically I would not be the type to toss out a pro riderā€™s sponsor list and instead would be more inclined to wait and see what an investigation uncovers. But I think the ship has sailed on waiting for the people in charge to do the right thing.

17 Likes

Whoa? Heā€™s saying whoa? Stand still so I can better smack you upside the head. The guys got more than one screw loose.

12 Likes

Another post with another sad story. Top post. Too long to screenshot nicely and I donā€™t know how to link to a single post (sorry).

https://www.facebook.com/allie.conrad1

9 Likes

Hopefully this link will take you directly to the post:

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/xjG7zWzHVZHugGu5/?

9 Likes

This is so incredibly upsetting.

Thank you for reporting and sharing. The only way stuff like this stops is if there are significant professional repercussions.

This poor horse.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s horrific. It takes a lot to bring tears to my eyes, but what the actual F. That poor horse, that poor owner. This guy needs to rot in a cell for the rest of his life.

7 Likes

I believe it was mentioned upthread, but he had a USEF Foundation grant for Burghley, the Rebecca Broussard International Developing Rider grant, per his FB page 3 days ago. The powers that be my not have had jurisdiction to sanction him, but I hate that they would ignore the reports they have been given and his general (and apparently longstanding} reputation and award him a discretionary grant. Maybe I am missing something and it is automatically given according to rankings or something like that, but it should be a way to exert some influence by USEF/USEA, if they include phrases about upstanding moral character, good representatives of the sport, etc. in their criteria for grants and awards and such. How in the world did he get a grant, and can the remainder of it be rescinded, if not already spent?

26 Likes

5 Likes

That is absolutely horrific! I just cannot understand how heā€™s been allowed to get away with this for so very long. I hope he goes down fast and hard.

15 Likes

Wow! What in the world?? Awful stuff.

8 Likes