Andrew McConnon horse abuse

I wonder how donors to these programs will feel when they realize their funds are going to potentially be used by riders who might then suddenly be on blast for their actions all over the internet. Not going to be good for sponsorship if USEA/USEF/FEI doesn’t step up.

9 Likes

I gave their post a like, but they’ve turned off comments so I can’t thank them publicly. Perhaps I will email them. I bought their reins and neck strap and am happy with the products and their stance against this jerk.

16 Likes

Well we all know how long other sanctions take to impose so maybe USEF/USEA is investigating?

Looks like World Equestrian Brands just dropped him.

70 Likes

Another thing that would get the attention of people like this is requiring him to pay back the grant he got to go to Burghley.

A person like this doesn’t have a conscience that you can appeal to or a moral code you can reference. He likely only cares about power and money. Take the money away through loss of sponsors, application of fines, and claw back of the money he was given to go compete. THAT’S the only thing people like this…person…will care about, because they clearly don’t care about horses or the sport.

44 Likes

The “pick me” apologist stance, and the misplaced concern for “the continuation of the sport” is reprehensible. :rage:

If it takes beating them in the head to get them around a five star course, then maybe “the sport” should end. It seems none of the authorities listen when horses and riders are injured or die. :woman_shrugging:t3:

39 Likes

There is literally a screenshot of his face (full front) in the same hoodie, grey breeches, horse with a blanket clip and a star in the original Facebook post. Same venue/season. This is not a case of mistaken identity…and any other excuse for him is enabling.

Multiple people have also come forward on Facebook saying “Yea, that’s Andrew’s crossties/wash stall”.

44 Likes

Good lord that is not what I am saying at all and i resent your comments to insinuate anything other than 1) making sure the correct person is identified and held accountable. how is that being an apologist. [quote=“CuriosoJorge, post:89, topic:798895, full:true”]

The “pick me” apologist stance, and the misplaced concern for “the continuation of the sport” is reprehensible. :rage:

If it takes beating them in the head to get them around a five star course, then maybe “the sport” should end. It seems none of the authorities listen when horses and riders are injured or die. :woman_shrugging:t3:
[/quote]

What’s “bad for the sport” is letting it continue in silence instead of bringing it to light, rooting It out, and showing that those who participate in and fund the sport will NOT tolerate the behavior. The idea that making egregious behavior public knowledge is bad for the sport, business, industry, church, or community is what has allowed pedophiles, rapists, and child and animal abusers to prosper for centuries.

54 Likes

With all due respect, do at least a tiny bit of due diligence before jumping in with the ‘is it really him’ posts. It’s been up for hours and hours, many witnesses have come forward to confirm his identity and say they’ve seen the same and worse, all under their real names. As Displaced Yankee noted, there is a still provided in the original post that clearly shows his face.

When you don’t bother to do even a little bit of your own homework before coming on with a ‘is it really him’ post, it does have a least a whiff of apologist and that’s what people are reacting to. Comments in the absence of seeking any information before you comment are zero value add.

49 Likes

And they didn’t say anything before now?

ETA: never mind, saw the other posts about the delay

1 Like

Allie’s page is a good jumping off point and I see someone else shared it.

8 Likes

yes they reported it multiple times months ago apparently but USEF and FEI did nothing. Someone said there are worse videos that were submitted also.

World Equestrian Brands has now dropped him.

A lot of horror stories on the facebook posts about him too.

6 Likes

Report it immediately to a steward, get video if you can and call
The police immediately. They need to do an investigation to bring any kind of criminal proceeding.they need to see the animal, Interview possible witnesses etc which is really hard to do after the show is over and everyone has packed up and gone off to
The four winds

4 Likes

Yes I saw the other postings about the delay after my anger made me post my Original Questions

3 Likes

Good lord that is not what I am saying at all and i resent your comments to insinuate anything other than 1) making sure the correct person is identified and held accountable. how is that being an apologist. [quote=“CuriosoJorge, post:89, topic:798895, full:true”]

[/quote]

My apologies, I looked at whatever the FB post was did not see any other videos, and saw the photo of the horse with whip marks on its flank - horrible yes, but was that photo going to identify the abuser? I’m sorry i didn’t do my due diligence and investigate this person and learn what a fecalhead he is. However it doesn’t take much time or effort to realize that many on here do not want to engage in any sort of conversation - it’s THINK LIKE ME/YOU OR ELSE. No room for exchange of ideas or opinions. PEACE OUT

5 Likes

Oh honey. It’s all out there. No research or PI needed. Like his face is … Right there…

15 Likes

I know you’ve 'PEACE OUT’ed but, again, some issues don’t really have two sides. If you’re beating the hell out of an animal that’s that. What exchange of ideas/opinions are there on clear, confirmed abuse?

And, again, once you did take a look at the evidence and spent just a couple minutes cantering through the many many responses and witness posts, people here would have welcomed an exchange of ideas about what can be done in these situations. It isn’t just a pic of welts that is out there. There are corroborations from many people using their real names, 2 videos, and at least one long-form story from a previous client. How can anyone engage you in an exchange of ideas and opinions when you didn’t even note the clear still identifying this person that was contained in the OP?

No one was demanding you ‘THINK LIKE ME/YOU OR ELSE’, just that you take a beat to understand what’s out there before jumping in with the ‘is this really him’ stuff. People who care deeply about these sports are weary of apologists and deflectors and abusers continuing to get away with it. Next we’ll have to wade through the ‘deep fake!’ campaigners - anything in order to not have to face that this happened and is happening and change needs to come now. That’s all people are saying here, not that they aren’t interested in an exchange of ideas and opinions on how to stop this sport-ending :poop: from continuing.

30 Likes

Big yikes, self awareness is abundant with this one: “I like to get them on my side – I think trust and understanding are the most important things for training a young horse.”

14 Likes

There’s some major irony. Hypocrite.

:roll_eyes:

7 Likes