Unlimited access >

Angry Cihuahua Adopted

5 Likes

He sounds just like every Chihuahua Iā€™ve met in the last 20 yrs. He was very lucky someone
took him that could meet all his needs.

1 Like

Iā€™ve known one that was a beast and Iā€™ve known two really sweet chihuahuas, so I guess theyā€™re not all like that.

A few years ago we were dining outdoors at a local restaurant. I kept seeing something dart in and out of the roadway. I thought it was an urban rat, but once headlights hit it, I realized it was a Chihuahua. I ran to the street to scoop him (intact male) up. He tried biting me twice, but once lifted in my arms he stopped and was shaking. No collar. I certainly didnā€™t want him and looked like heā€™d been on the loose a while. Luckily the restaurant owner loved chihuahuas and said heā€™d call animal control. If no one claimed him, he would keep him. Nasty but cute!

Well, they are supposed to be ā€œterrier-likeā€ - not nasty. The standard says : ā€œAlert, projecting the ā€˜terrier-likeā€™ attitudes of self importance, confidence, self reliance.ā€

And since they should weigh no more than 6 lbs, the 13 lb Chucky Chihuahua is just another crap-tastic breeding giving people the impression that the breed itself is the problem, not the idiots that produced it.

Not to say a Chi is supposed to be ā€œfriendly and cuddlyā€ - because thatā€™s not how you would describe anything that is supposed to be ā€œterrier-likeā€. If you wouldnā€™t want a terrier, you shouldnā€™t want a Chihuahua.

1 Like

One of the sweetest dogs I ever met was a chihuahua that came from a pet store, no joke. The couple who owned her fell into the ā€œjust have to save this oneā€ trap and paid something like $3k for her. Other than the typical Chi teeth that had to be professionally cleaned at least 2x/year, her health was good. And she loved everyone.

1 Like