Unlimited access >

Anja Beran Training the Eye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_NQ76TxbQ&fbclid=IwAR29qFJUTvI6PTyJIRVHmweOgKPm_P8T8h7PtA57NEMPEY0Tc8_q9LYVoO0

Hope the link works but if not search youtube with the topic title.

Link is an excerpt from a dvd, has anyone purchased the dvd and is it useful? If not opinions on the excerpt welcome

I thought it was fascinating and clever use of the graphics to protect the identity of the rider.

1 Like

I like that she supports the use of lateral movements over the “deep” position to achieve softness and roundness.

1 Like

I Like the thoughts I hear.

Unfortunately it would seem that judges like to see a rounder horse before the horse is physically able to achieve that roundness through correct lateral work.

4 Likes

Too bad this wasn’t a requirement for judges’ training.

3 Likes

I attended a presentation with Anja Beran about this exact topic and was very impressed.

she does a clinic in 3 weeks close to me which is always sold out but I put myself on the waiting list and today she told me I got a space!!!

So so excited!!

Considering what’s going on with dressage in the moment I believe she gives a more correct approach.

And this will be my first encounter with “Classical Dressage” although in her presentation she quoted everything from “ Richtlinien für Reiten und Fahren”

13 Likes

Full report required please!

5 Likes

I will :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Enjoy!! I’m a bit jealous. My trainer is strictly classical and it’s a bit of a learning curve from the usual way most of us were trained. Lighter contact and less driving forward takes getting used to. At times I’ll describe my pony as feeling like a “fluffy balloon” to my trainer, which gets her excited and saying “Yes!! That’s it!!” He’ll become so light and balanced and so responsive; just the tiniest whisper of my thigh results in a leg yield, a slight twist causes a shoulder-in or haunches-in. No stress from him at all, just floating along.

7 Likes

It was a great clinic I will report tomorrow!!

7 Likes

Hope the video uploaded. It’s IMO very typical for her teaching style. She is very accurate and does tons of lateral movements!

2 Likes