Ankle fusion anyone? how long before you could ride again?

Twenty years ago I suffered a fracture/dislocation of my ankle in a riding accident…fixed with pins and plates. Did well initially for many years, but over the last few years I have developed severe post traumatic arthritis in it. According to my orthapedist, it needs to be fused for pain relief. It is FUNCTIONALLY fused now, I have no cartilage left and minimal range of motion now…he says once I heal from the surgery, I won’t really notice any difference in the function, but the pain will be gone, which is a relief. I currently ride dressage/low level jumping…have learned to compensate for the limited range of motion fairly successfully. Therefore, I am not concerned about my long term prospects for returing to riding, I am just wondering if any of you have had this done, your experiences, and how long before you could return to riding. I know I have 6 weeks total non weight baring…then 4 weeks partial in some boot thing. I figure realistically 3 mos before I can really ride, but I wonder if anybody has first hand experience?

bump…anyone???