Unlimited access >

Anniversary gift ideas

I have a friend couple who will soon be celebrating their 25th anniversary and both their 50th birthdays in the same month. I’m looking for ideas for a group gift to them. They are not horsey/country folk. They are fairly urban and hip. They also have a pool and love entertaining. Any creative ideas?

I believe 25 is traditionally the silver anniversary, so anything silver would be appropriate. Maybe a picture frame with a memorable photo, or digital frame pre-loaded with images if you know them well enough. I think the iris flower is also associated with 25, so maybe wine glasses painted with irises?

Grey

4 Likes

Are you aware of Ask MetaFilter? This question would get lots of great responses.

It costs $5 to join – well worth it!

https://ask.metafilter.com/

1 Like

I feel like that would generate far more responses than a horse forum would. I am neither urban nor hip and that’s fine by me. I would have no clue.

2 Likes

How about, with their blessing, throwing them a party? Your group could provide the catering/food truck and DJ and they will have a lovely memory of a good time and lots of photos too.

4 Likes

Would they enjoy going to a high end restaurant? Or do they have a favourite restaurant that you could get a gift card for?

Since they like entertaining Etsy is full of things like personalized charcuterie boards or cutting boards. Or a personalized decanter?

1 Like

If they have been married 25 years and are urban and hip, they probably already have all the “things” they want. Maybe give them a bottle of 25-year-old wine or whiskey, or hire them a high-quality magician or fortune-teller or cartoonist or comedian who will help entertain at their next pool party? Depending on budget, you could hire them a murder-mystery troupe of actors, who would put on the murder-mystery at the home, incorporating things from all the invitees.

2 Likes

Thanks for the great ideas, everyone!