Unlimited access >

Another Helmet Thread...

I’m looking to replace my old IRH since its expired past its manufacturing date. I was dead set on getting a CO AY8 but not am looking at One K since there have been so many good reviews from it. Any suggestions? I am a 7 1/8 and my IRH fits okay but is a tad loose, What size would I choose for a One K?

Here ya go: http://onekhelmets.com/helmets-size-chart/
:slight_smile:

You can probably get the large helmet but buy a medium liner if the large is slightly too big. That’s the nice thing about them - you can swap the liners if you need to since the helmet shells only come in two sizes, IIRC.

I gotta say that I simply LOVE mine. It’s well ventilated (even to someone like me who overheats easily) and it’s a very attractive helmet to boot. I have the blue suede Defender and I get a lot of compliments on it.

Mine is now too big for me. When I asked OneK what to do about it, I was told that the liner had stretched out due to my washing it and I needed to buy a replacement liner. The thing is that I had never washed it and didn’t even realize that it could be washed. I hadn’t used the helmet all that much before it stretched out. Also mine is black with silver and the silver is peeling off so it is splotchy looking. I wear a 6 5/8 and have an XS with an XS liner which is supposed to fit 61/2 up. Obviously it doesn’t. So while I liked the helmet in the very beginning, it has not worn well at all and I’ve gone back to Charles Owens.

another vote for OneK. I’ve had mine for over a year now, no problems. I have the suede one with the matte plastic.

Super light, and fits my head great. I will say though I used to have a IRH and it was not the best fit (too oval shaped for my head). OneK definitely fits me better, so thats something to keep in mind if IRH fits you great now.

I tried one and it fit very differently from my AYR8, so keep that in mind…

I went ahead and bought one. See how it fits, I personally like the look better than the CO, but than again I have never been the one to go with the trend.

I did however get the one without the eye-shield. As much as I have had some more eye sensitivity to sun after recent Lasik, I have never been one to wear sunglasses while riding. At points I sometimes wish I had something, but these shields are a bit too much for me. Does anyone have the "Pro"s? Does the shield stay secure when its up?

I opted for the Large, since I still have hair to fit up there for the few shows I do with my older boy.

i worked at a store that supplied oneKs and we were in very high demand for a while – though i would note what turned many people away was the “get this liner and it will make the helmet fit” mantra. people either ate them up or hated them. imho the helmet should fit when you buy it and that’s that. i personally am a CO person, i am of the opinion if i had not been wearing mine during a very bad crash (i landed on my lovely noggin after a known dirty horse pulled a quick and dirty stop) in my college career that i would not be alive today, but that is just mine & the doctor that screened my concussion’s opinion!

I tried one on in the store, and have never found anything that fits my incredibly round head like the OneK’s. In fact, I’m currently trying to talk myself out of buying one daily - I have an embarrassing number of helmets in my search for something that actually fits my head. FWIW, the IRH fits my head reasonably well, as does the Charles Owen J3 skull (the only CO that does) and the old GPA Titium. Tipperary helmets do NOT fit at all. HTH!

[QUOTE=Shortstroke;7127696]
Mine is now too big for me. When I asked OneK what to do about it, I was told that the liner had stretched out due to my washing it and I needed to buy a replacement liner. The thing is that I had never washed it and didn’t even realize that it could be washed. I hadn’t used the helmet all that much before it stretched out. Also mine is black with silver and the silver is peeling off so it is splotchy looking. I wear a 6 5/8 and have an XS with an XS liner which is supposed to fit 61/2 up. Obviously it doesn’t. So while I liked the helmet in the very beginning, it has not worn well at all and I’ve gone back to Charles Owens.[/QUOTE]

Mine is a XS too. I hope it doesn’t stretch as it’s not any too small right now. But I love it for now! So much more comfortable than my old JR8.

I really like my OneK. My medium is a good fit for me without hair up…and I usually wear a 6 7/8 or a 7. I think the large will probably be a good choice for you.