Unlimited access >

Another saddle search topic

Hello! I am in the process of deciding what kind of dressage saddle would best fit my horse and I. So far with everything I’ve tried the forward flap County Epiphany has been the magic fit for us both. Unfortunately it seems nearly impossible to find a used option on the market.

Fast forward, I ended up purchasing a used Amerigo close contact XC jump saddle because it fit us both great and I needed a jump saddle too.

I guess my question is whether Amerigo saddle fitters/reps exist in the US and whether I should maybe pursue this brand for dressage saddles since the jump saddle is so lovely. Or do I just bite the bullet and buy a new Epiphany? 🫣

Further detail…I have a 16 hh TB gelding with a substantial wither and shoulder. The County saddle fitter said he needs a medium tree. I’ve had trouble with my femur being pretty long in the dressage saddles I’ve tried and certain blocks feeling really weird.

Sorry for rambling, I just feel searching for saddles is way more stressful than horse shopping!

2 Likes

There are Amerigo reps in the US. If you search on the Store Locator page on the Amerigo web page, you can see if there is one close to you: https://www.amerigo-saddles.com/store-locator/. Equestrian Imports in FL has a good selection of used Amerigos and they might be able to tell you which dressage model is likely to work for your horse.

1 Like

There are definitely Amerigo reps in the US with dressage saddles.

1 Like

Just wanted to add my agreement that saddle shopping IS harder than horse shopping.

2 Likes