Unlimited access >

Another UTV/ATV Thread

I have been reading every single one of these threads that get posted, and my husband and I are getting closer to the idea of getting a UTV/Side by Side type vehicle. It’s a big cost and I don’t want to get one and find out later it doesn’t work how we hoped.

Background: We have a 144 acre farm in the Appalachian foothills. We are looking for something to pull a small drag in a sand drylot, pull a small manure spreader, and haul buckets, tools, etc out to the back property for trail maintenance. I think from reading the threads that a UTV would be perfect, but here is where I’m not sure. How are UTV’s in sand and mud? A normal ATV works great on the property. We have a friend who has brought theirs over to help out and it had no issues in the sand and mud. Are UTV’s the same?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

My husband has a JD Gator UTV and also has several ATVs. The Gator is just as capable in sand and mud as the ATVs.

1 Like

Thank you! That is just what I wanted to hear. I can find so much information on the off-road readiness of sport UTV, but not the more farm geared ones! That is very encouraging.

1 Like