Unlimited access >

Another venue lost - Virginia Horse Trials

Kind of read like VHC wanted to do their own thing which is why the agreement couldn’t be reached. Frustrating that they applied for the same dates though. And for what it’s worth, the Booth family has no shortage of money.

The Booth family owns several horses for Will Coleman, correct?

Yes, plus multiple farms in VA. I wouldn’t be totally shocked if they bought all the jumps Angela had listed for sales on FB.

We did not sell any jumps to the VHC or Roxanne Booth. We sold to a variety of people from professionals who run schooling venues to people who wanted a piece of VHT history.

9 Likes

Hoping you can fill in the water jumps after the Nov event and smooth out any of the banks. I’m sure you want to leave it as you found it… :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

VHT moving to Tryon?

Just to make it harder for the next organizers at VHC? Why?

2 Likes

…and VHC will most likely continue to run Events with another organizer. So this change actually results in MORE events, not fewer.

Two things:

1. The rumor mill says that VHC is unlikely to run recognized events next year due to no organizer, no jumps (other than fixtures obvs), and probably no dates. What are other people hearing?

2. Does anyone know what the Modified course is like in the fall there?

1 Like

I can’t speak to number 1
Number 2, it’s a lovely course but will have the standard questions, a corner (that’s pretty proper), a full coffin, a trekhaner. The waters are usually pretty straightforward. There is terrain. Please let me know if you have other questions.

2 Likes

@grzywinskia, thank you so much! I’m trying to figure out if it would be too much for a rider’s second Modified, after a successful first outing and a very strong 2022 season at Training.

#2 I think it’s a pretty soft modified. We had someone from our barn do their first modified there last fall and we all thought it was pretty straightforward and not difficult.

1 Like

The course is online I think on one of the course walk apps. I’ll look for it.

@Libby2563 here is helmet cam from last fall modified https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z8DBUAPO1c

1 Like

@Jealoushe Thanks! The spring Mod course is here https://en.mycoursewalk.com/coursewalks/29231 and jump pics are on the XC Course Walks FB page.

@evtrmom, That is awesome, thank you! I didn’t even think to check YouTube. Looks fun and doable.

2 Likes

That was our AA doing his first M :blush:

2 Likes

Do you know if Modified will most likely be running Sat and Sun? The omnibus is slightly confusing. I emailed Andy last week to confirm, but haven’t gotten a reply. Thanks!

It will be sat and Sunday. Sorry for confusion

1 Like

Any idea when the venue change or dates will be announced? I thought USEF requires any date changes be done by November. So, I would think we would be hearing something soon for next year.

Hi everyone- I have written a petition that we hope to share with the USEA and USEF. I am hoping that it gives the supporters of VHT a chance to have their voices heard. It also has lots of information for those who are wondering. Please read it, and if you feel compelled sign it. Sharing it is greatly appreciated.

6 Likes