Another Way to buy itty bitty shares in a horse!

Well the giftee hated it so now I’ve bought myself one. Excited to join you guys in this!

3 Likes

I can see where it might not be everyone’s cup of tea. But, you’ll love it. Which one did you land on?? There are currently a few interesting prospects available (IMO).

1 Like

Which ones are you interested in? I got a gift card for the holidays, and am wondering who to spend it on…

I have shares in most of the available yearlings, besides one with conformation I’d rather not take a gamble on. Do any of you guys have thoughts on Mrs Whistler or War Safe? I have liked Tonalist mares.

1 Like

My non-expert opionion:

I have a share in Mrs Whistler and I’m increasingly pleased with how she’s shaping up. She’s showing a lot of speed in her early works and it looks pretty effortless to me. I like her purchase price as well, I’m more confident that she could potentially break even or out earn what she was purchased for + training cost.

I like War Safe and until Duke of Love came along I thought he was the one I would buy into. He also was purchased for what I thought was a more reasonable price like Mrs. Whistler and his grandpa is AP Indy, which is always a plus for me. But the biggest plus for him would be his trainer, she gives off the impression of being in it for the horses and also being very down to earth. When myracehorse introduced her as a trainer I got really good vibes (for what that’s worth) and she was the reason I decided to buy into Duke of Love, even though she mainly races in Canada.

I’ve cut myself off at fifteen horses or else I would have bought into him already :joy:

*edit: forgot to name Josie Carroll is his trainer

2 Likes

I have a friend who works kind of behind the scenes at Woodbine and said that Josie is an amazing horsewoman and is happy to see MRH sending a horse to her.

2 Likes

I am tempted to buy a share in her with my earnings. There are only a few I can afford without putting more $ into my wallet. Having a NY-based horse increases my likelihood I might make it out to see her run.

2 Likes

I picked Who Runs the World, solely because I (who knows nothing about racehorses) liked her picture. I have the same trainer concerns others mentioned and would have preferred a known circuit close to me. But maybe that’s an excuse to keep an eye out for another. I enjoyed the videos of her training so far.

1 Like

Does anyone have shares in Authentic that can share if you also get a share from his stud earnings? I’m just curious, I believe if a mare goes to the sales share holders get a cut of her sale price, didn’t know how it worked for stallions.

If you bought shares, you can look at his info & it will tell you the terms of sales.

MRH is very upfront with what each shareholder will be entitled to.

I don’t own shares in him, just curious how they handle it once a horse reaches a stud career. He’s the only one to get there so far, although I own shares in collusion illusion, who I’m assuming they’re aiming for stud due to his grade 1 win (possibly pending he has a better 5 year old season). I didn’t know if spendthrift bought myracehorse out of their shares or gave shareholders a part of his earnings at stud. I’m not worried about numbers or anything just how they managed him.

One of my friends with a share in Authentic says she has yet to see any $ from him. Supposedly they will get lots down the road… supposedly…

His deal was different that usual. I’m not entirely sure how.

I wonder if that’s because they have to wait for foals on the ground before the owners of the mares have to pay up?

Here’s the bonus for Iron Works, the colt who just won on debut.

So it seems for the myracehorse owned stallions they will be selling to a stud farm, so one big payday. That’s not a bad deal tbh. I guess if they’re part owned by spendthrift it could go either way. You would definitely get back a roi either way. Not that that happens hardly ever, but one can dream.

MRH just posted a “Chad Brown Bundle”
Not a bad price for a share in 3 horses.

I am so tempted, not the least because there’s an Oasis Dream filly in that trio.

Miss Sakamoto making her debut in the 9th at Gulfstream today!

5 Likes

I am so excited and just wish she has a safe, confidence building trip and finds she likes her job. Can’t wait to watch! :smiley:

2 Likes

I thought she ran a really nice race today, and I’m excited about her future!

4 Likes

I thought she did as well! So excited to see what comes next for her. I think she enjoyed herself.

2 Likes