Unlimited access >

(Another) Wide Noseband Hunter Bridle Thread

I still have an ADT Imperial I bought new in 2008 and thought the leather was fabulous so I’m surprised to hear that actually. The Tribute (their wide noseband bridle) looks lovely.

I too have some lovely ADT tack but there was a period of time when the leather took a dip in quality. A friend had two in a row that spotted and bled when they got wet in the rain.

The ones I’ve seen in the last year or so have all been beautiful and well worth the price tag.

@vxf111 @Tha_Ridge

I didn’t realize there had been a decline in the quality, as I haven’t seen any of their products since I bought an ADT saddle in 2012 (which was also lovely). Glad to know the quality is back to what it was.

Well unfortunately I don’t love the way the Arion bridle fits my horse, so I will be putting it up for sale at the price I paid for it.

Curious what you didn’t like about it? I’d be interested to see pics of what didn’t fit as well because I liked the look of the bridle for my horse.

Message me! I might be interested!

ADT tack is beautiful but unless they’ve changed ownership I won’t buy it. When I got my horse as a junior I thought their Tribute bridle was the most beautiful thing and I saved my window-washing and braiding money until I could afford one for him. After the first time I cleaned it according to the company instructions, it spotted. The tack shop agreed it was defective and called the company. The company was horribly rude to the tack shop and refused to refund them, said that I had maliciously damaged their product, and actually got on COTH to call me a liar. The tack shop felt so badly about it that they refunded me regardless of what ADT was going to do or not do and I don’t believe they’ve sold the product since. I bought an Edgewood and have been very happy with it. Props to Maryland Saddlery, boo to ADT. I grant that this was nearly 20 years ago and things may have changed.

5 Likes

I dealt with the owners in 2011 and they were great - hopefully not the same people you dealt with! Regardless, the company did sell sometime in the past few years so it is definitely not owned by whoever was rude to you.

1 Like

That’s good to know. They make beautiful bridles.

2 Likes

They used to have Indian leather i think and the decorative stitching used to come apart- So I only buy from reputable tack shops who have an extended return policy - So far the new one I bought is holding up nicely and looks beautiful on a pretty face! The leather takes some breaking in, as it is not buttery soft like some top bridles, but it does seem to last well.

Happened to me too Renn, but MD Saddlery didn’t refund me. The owners at ADT were awful to work with and didn’t stand by their product. This was probably 15 years ago. I will not ever buy another piece of ADT tack.

1 Like

I like the Dyon for showing which is same style as Arion but D’yon wears like iron. BUT… check out the Smartpak Harwich square raised unpadded. $100 when they are on sale. Matching martingale available. Takes time for them to break in and look their best but once they do… no one will believe it’s a $100 bridle.

Summary