Unlimited access >

Antares Saddle Decoding

Hello, I’m currently considering purchasing this 16.5 Antares saddle. I am in love with it, but I really would like it decided to get more information about it.

I can’t tell you much other than it’s pretty old (I believe it’s a 2007) and, in my opinion, far overpriced for its age. For reference, I’m about to sell my kid’s 2017 16.5 Antares and the price comparisons I’ve seen for it are in the $3,000 range. But, if it fits your horse, then perhaps you could make a lower offer?

1 Like

It is in amazing shape and it’s been the only saddle that has fit me. I’m 4’11 doing the 1.15m and higher heights. I’ve been extremely lucky to find a saddle that actually suits me. These prices are in Canadian dollars btw

From what I know from Antares:

• SC is a semi-deep seat
  • 0 is the flap length, this is a pretty short flap. Antares flaps go from 00 to 5 with 2 being standard
  • N following a 0 is probably flap position which should be normal I’m fairly certain?? (a and Aa are more forward)
  • 16.5” of course is size
  • L is, I think seat width

M10 means this saddle was made with slightly less padding across the entire panels as M15 is standard padding/foam.

RAG +20 and RAR +10 indicate they’ve added specific custom padding to places on each side. Specifics to where, you’d have to call an Antares rep and ask.

Hope that helps you!

1 Like

I think “N” is the tree width, which on French saddles typically is normale = medium.

1 Like

I will also add, OP, that i have ridden and purchased Antares saddles myself and a 0 flap is harder and harder to find on anything above 15” (pony saddle) - smallest I see when perusing what’s for sale is usually a 2, sometimes 1 but rarely a 0 so - the price may be fine given how small you are and how well this fits you, without having to purchase a brand new custom saddle!