Unlimited access >

Any ISH or ID in the northeast?

Hey all, wondering if anyone has any connections for Irish horses in the MA/NY/NJ area. I’ve searched around online and not much action in the Facebook groups.

Looking for something at least started under saddle to get back into eventing after a big break with small kiddos.

I think I saw O’Hanlon eventing with some for sale. Just across the border in Canada, but looked lovely!

1 Like

Courtney Cooper is in PA. She always has multiple horses to look at. Csquare farm

1 Like

Equinox Farm in Pine Plains, NY imports from Ireland.

1 Like

Beautiful! I’m a little scared to ask if they have anything in my budget :grimacing:

Many so called Irish sport horses are continental bloodlines bred in Ireland.

I’m slowly learning about bloodlines and registries. I mostly care about type, soundness and mentality.

ISH is a registry. WBs or crosses bred in Ireland are not “so called” ISH, they are ISH. If you want a IDxTB type you are looking for a Traditional Irish Horse or TIH, which is often notated in the breeding or sales ad.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it though, Irish breeders know what they are doing, if you want a 5* prospect they are breeding those crosses with a lot of blood, if you want a nice fun safe lower level horse with nice movement that might be a WBxTBxID cross? they are breeding those too.

1 Like

irish manor in Hunterdon County, NJ usually has a couple imports available

1 Like

Courtney Cooper is in SEPA. She is wonderful. She takes several trips to Ireland anually.

1 Like