Any Lymphedema riders out there? Fitting boots and breeches?

I’ve been trying to figure out how to get some decent riding boots without breaking the bank. In the past I’ve bought 2 pairs of cheap boots and had the right one altered with an elastic panel, but they get out of shape quickly and can be really uncomfortable (foot gets numb). I bought a BEAUTIFUL pair of Ariats a few years ago and held onto them too long before trying to get them altered - turns out they CAN’T be altered, so off to EBay I go with them (the tack shop would only give me $150 for them and I paid $349 and never wore them). Anyway, I have a 14 inch calf on my left leg and a 20 inch calf on my right, so tough to fit. Just wanted to hear if anyone else is dealing with this…

Hey my mother had a friend with different sized feet (born that way), and there are groups, should now be on the internet, where people can exchange shoes for different sized feet. Google and see…the shoe exchanges have been around for ages, and there should be some boot exchanges also.

I’ve always admired the motocycle boots that go to the knee with laces right up the front all the way to the top. I imagine you could find a pair like that and lace the larger leg loosely. Though a 4 inch difference is a fair bit, you might have to cut the lacing gusset or have a larger one installed. Alternately, I woiuld have a pair of riding boots customized in the same way. The lacing avoids the boot going out of shape or streching the way an elastic gusset would.

See if a bootmaker couldn’t add a leather gusset to the one boot, perhaps on the inside
or the backside.

The shoe exvhange is a good idea, although I usually can find regular shoes to fit, and if they don’t fit, it’s due to the way the top of the foot on the shoe is shaped. I need lace up or something that allows for the swollen top of the foot.

As for the Field Boots - I found a pair of Treadstones on sale for $124 and ordered 2 pairs - the slim and the XXWide. I spoke to customer service (this was at Horseman’s Outlet), and they were so helpful. She explained that the boots I ordered were the older model, and that’s why they were on sale. I had found out at a local tack shop that the Treadstones come in a 20 inch calf, so this was quite a deal (they are normally $254). Unfortunately, I got a call back from customer service about an hour after I ordered the boots - the NEW Treadstones come in 20 inches for XXWide, but the older model comes in 16 inches. I cancelled the order and whined to hubby. He asked me why I don’t buy one pair at 20 inches and have the skinny leg’s boot altered - DUH - why didn’t I think of that? I’m willing to pay the higher price for one pair! I will order one pair of XXWide from my local tack shop, and bring them to the good boot guy in town to see if that is do-able. If it isn’t, I can still try those on and see if they fit and then order a pair of slims…

Thanks for the suggestions!