Any recommendations for dressage saddles with shoulder cut out and exterior short knee roll?

I have 2018 Custom Saddlery Woflgang Solo with short exterior knee roll that I love but my new horse has huge shoulder and ideally needs shoulder cut out panel. Fitter adjusted saddle and half pad to give horse as much comfort as possible now but just wondering if anyone has suggestions of models I could start looking at for. Thanks.

For my huge shoulder guy, I use a Fairfax World Class as a half panel saddle (I put the blanks on the velcro on knee blocks). He really likes it. If I try to put a knee block on (you get three sizes), he suddenly can’t go forward. LOL.

1 Like

I was about to mention Fairfax as well. Not sure if they have the block you’re looking for, but definitely one to consider. Erreplus also make such a panel too. I know that Sommer has a shoulder cut out panel that they offer.

1 Like

Schlesse Obrigato and the one with the pretzel logo are the two that we’ve used for exactly the type of horse you’re describing. I know the Obrigato you can do custom knee/thighblocks. My only criticism with the Obrigato is that it was very heavy compared to most other saddles.
(I also had to give up my Wolfgang Solo that I loved)

1 Like

Yea, i had a Schleese in the past and they are really heavy want to avoid that if I can. What is pretzel mark saddle?

I found what the pretzel mark is. It’s Ryder.

I have an EQ Encore for my mare with a big shoulder.

I am the US Distributor of Ryder saddles. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Fairfax gets another vote from me. Really helped with my horse’s movement.

WOW.

Set back panels, allowing freedom of shoulder. Many different knee rolls.

check out Veritas.

1 Like