Unlimited access >

Any recommendations for farriers who work in Fairfield, Ca area

I need someone with a good eye and skill to trim some horses in Solano County. Classic, correct balanced trims for TB and WB types. Someone who looks at the entire horse and how it moves and trims accordingly.

Not interested in barefoot trimmers.

Certainly hope Dressage people in the area have farriers they like enough to recommend.

Private message if you want or post here.

Isn’t that what everyone’s looking for? :lol:

Oh, and one with no attitude! :cool:

Isn’t that the norm?

I’m not talking about complicated structural or medical issues. (though my old farriers could handle those issues too)

I don’t really care about the farrier’s personality.

I’ve had excellent farriers in Sonoma and Marin counties. Same ones until they were physically unable to work. May be a generation thing - where and how they were taught, with whom they apprenticed and the fact that they kept refining their skills and learning. They cared about their craft. Open-mind and discerning.

I’m interested in the responses…I’ll be moving to the area in the fall and trying to explore all my options for different services.

[QUOTE=M_;8193573]
Isn’t that the norm?

I’m not talking about complicated structural or medical issues. (though my old farriers could handle those issues too)

I don’t really care about the farrier’s personality.

I’ve had excellent farriers in Sonoma and Marin counties. Same ones until they were physically unable to work. May be a generation thing - where and how they were taught, with whom they apprenticed and the fact that they kept refining their skills and learning. They cared about their craft. Open-mind and discerning.[/QUOTE]

Well, of course it SHOULD be the norm . . . but based on the number of farrier threads and pictures of poor work that we see on the forums, clearly it isn’t the norm.

Good luck to you in finding someone you like.:slight_smile: