Unlimited access >

Any stb people remember Courtney Foos?

Any stb people remember Courtney Foos?

I was a groom a Long (as in LONG) time ago and worked for him.

My favorite job Ever. What a wonderful, wonderful person - always tried so hard to do the right thing.

Anyone?

Tx.

70’s — worked for Courtney too, yes, great job!

I knew his daughter, Courtney, when she was a kid, and I used to ride all around the perimieter of his farm- beautiful place!

He was in Charlestown Township- which is beautiful country. Exton is mostly paved over- shopping centers galore- just came back from running errands there!

I’m sorry- Courtney’s daughter is named Erica…

Yes, Erica. I was at the new farm in Phoenixville; absoultely beautiful/ grooms quarters were fantastic. I taught the kids, there were 3 at the time, but Erica was most involved, then, only a child, maybe 10? 12? Makes me think of photos I have of her learning how to jump.

Courtney’s trainer at the time was David Wade. They had a falling out and although David took most of the grooms, those who thought they were staying were let go as Courtney felt it was best to start over with all new people.

Lucky for me as I then signed on with a top trainer show jumping and eventing tb’s.

I always think of that experience fondly as it did expose me to an entirely different horse world – great job, great horses.

http://tennisaddictionsportsclub.blogspot.com/2010/08/2010-courtney-foos-friends-tournament.html

There’s an article on Courtney Foos in the July 1974 USTA Hoof Beats.
The USTA still has four copies for sale in the back-issues.