Unlimited access >

Any tall boot suggestions?

I have tried just about every tall boot there is without going custom and I cannot find anything that fits! I have extremely long and thin calves which are so hard to fit. Even Ariat Monacos are too short and baggy. I have been looking to invest in a pair of custom boots and I was wondering If any of you had brands that you would recommend. Please let me know and thanks for the help in advance!
-L

Or would any of you recommend Parlanti or Milo Felline? By looking at their size charts, both of their semi customs might fit.

Love love love my Sergio Grassos. I was also hard to fit. As another option, I know someone who could not find ANYTHING tall enough until she tried on Dover’s Middleburg tall boot, so I’m guessing that runs tall :slight_smile:

I would recommend trying both parlanti and Sergio Grasso and maybe even tuccis. The der dau off the racks are nice too.

Try tredsteps! They come in a lot of calf sizes. I love mine-- they broke in after 2 rides!

I know Tredsteps aren’t custom but I agree with adcurtiss - I’ve heard wonderful things about them and nearly every salesperson at the giant tack shop I go to, and the competitive show riders I know, either have Tredsteps or are planning on buying a pair when their current tall boots wear out.

Love love love my La Mundials - I’ve been living in them for the past few weeks and actually have gotten to the point where I pick them over my schooling boots (which are an old pair of my mom’s and are so comfortable) - they broke in so fast and are so comfortable!

I’m not sure where anyone is that they’re clambering for a pair of tredsteps. Once you’ve had a pair of incredibly soft leather boots, you never want to go back to something that doesn’t fit like a second skin- which frankly the tredsteps do not.

I have a pair of Sergio Grassos. They are lovely… buttery soft, no break in required, fantastically tall and slim.

Have you tried a local consignment shop? You may find a pair of someone else’s custom boots that fit you perfectly and usually at a great price.

I hated my Tredsteps. I wanted to love them… but they shredded my ankles and NOTHING would break them in. I thought they were supposed to be super soft, which they are not. My best friend bought the DaVinci’s and had the same exact problem, too.

What are your actual measurements? I had really good luck with Dover’s Middleburg field boots in the slim calf. Their hight was much taller than I could get elsewhere. Many people compliment me on the fit, and my trainer recently complimented me on how custom they look at my last horse show. They are even more soft and comfortable than my comfy paddock boots and half chaps… I have a bad habit of grabbing my tall boots to school in on my way out the door! I swear in three rides they were broken in. And best of all… the $200 boots were WAY better than the $500 ones! (Just remember if you get these to follow the reviews and order a 1/2 size down.) http://www.doversaddlery.com/middleburg-zip-field-boot/p/PC-38461/

I have both the Ariat Monaccos and Parlantis. I school in my Monaccos because my Parlantis fit so much better! You can find them for quite a bit less than the listed value (try the tailored equestrian) and they hold up for a long time. Very tight on the calf if you need it, and they are taller than most, even after they break in. The foot size runs slightly large though.

I actually found my parlanti foot size to run small… though the people that sold them to me told me that all their batches were different. Some ran tiny, some big. I was a 40 in a pair, when I’m normally a 39 (true 8.5).

My calves are just over 12’ and the height is just over 21’.

[QUOTE=tua37516;7107475]
I hated my Tredsteps. I wanted to love them… but they shredded my ankles and NOTHING would break them in. I thought they were supposed to be super soft, which they are not. My best friend bought the DaVinci’s and had the same exact problem, too.

What are your actual measurements? I had really good luck with Dover’s Middleburg field boots in the slim calf. Their hight was much taller than I could get elsewhere. Many people compliment me on the fit, and my trainer recently complimented me on how custom they look at my last horse show. They are even more soft and comfortable than my comfy paddock boots and half chaps… I have a bad habit of grabbing my tall boots to school in on my way out the door! I swear in three rides they were broken in. And best of all… the $200 boots were WAY better than the $500 ones! (Just remember if you get these to follow the reviews and order a 1/2 size down.) http://www.doversaddlery.com/middleburg-zip-field-boot/p/PC-38461/[/QUOTE]

My calf is just under 12.5’, I have a size 8 foot, and the height is just over 21’

It’s hard for me to find boots that fit as well. I had semi custom Der Dau’s, but the soles fell off and the calves stretched so much I had to have them taken in an inch and a half on each leg. I have off the rack Sergio’s now which are pretty decent, not quite tall enough, but definitely slim enough. I just measured myself and my calf is 12" around and 18" tall.

[QUOTE=15lex15;7108292]
My calf is just under 12.5’, I have a size 8 foot, and the height is just over 21’[/QUOTE]

21 inches tall?!?! Holy moly.

[QUOTE=Princess Lauren;7109447]
21 inches tall?!?! Holy moly.[/QUOTE]

I am actually just over 19 1/2’ inches but I want something around 21 inches tall since they will drop. But still…holy moly. :eek:

You don’t need the 21 inches if you go with parlantis. They drop about a 1/2". I have the medium h+ and I’ve got a 18 1/2 leg and they’re about an inch too tall. A Slim H+ ought to be perfect on you.

[QUOTE=15lex15;7111813]
I am actually just over 19 1/2’ inches but I want something around 21 inches tall since they will drop. But still…holy moly. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Thats about what I measure. Keep in mind that the close fitting zippered boots these days don’t have the drop that the old leather ones used to. My boots dropped MAYBE 1/2". If you are getting something modern whether it be customs, Tredsteps, etc, don’t expect 1 1/2" drop anymore. If you get something that fits snugly with a contoured ankle and calf, it’s more likely the drop will be in the 1/2-3/4" range.