Unlimited access >

Anybody ride in an Albion jumping saddle?

I’m on the search for a new saddle for my mare. Due to her being quite particular about how her saddle fits I have decided to go with a wool flocked saddle so that I get get the best fit possible. Its been reccommended to me to try the Albion K2 jumper saddle (and its in my price range). Does anyone have this saddle? How do you like it? The dressage saddles seem to get good reviews, and you can easily find them used. It seems to be harder to find info on the jumping saddles.

You might want to ask on the eventing forum, I believe they are quite popular with eventers. One of the best in the world, William Fox-Pitt rides in their saddles. Both dressage and jumping saddles get very good reviews and they are a quality product, but perhaps not considered quite “in fashion” with H/J folks. I wouldn’t let that stop me if its the right fit for you and your mare though. Definitely check them out.

Lurking eventer, here. The K2 is definitely not the look that the hunters want - it’s a deep seat, big-blocked saddle. It does have a square cantle, but the calf blocks have a pad over them which doesn’t quite mesh with the hunter look.

That said, it’s a nicely made saddle, and fits a lot of horses well, but it might put you slightly in the back seat balance-wise, due to it’s more eventing focus.

Sorry guys, I actually posted this in the wrong category, I am switching from Hunters to low level eventing this year. I made a new post in the eventing section. Thanks for the replies!

[QUOTE=jammer;7376527]
Sorry guys, I actually posted this in the wrong category, I am switching from Hunters to low level eventing this year. I made a new post in the eventing section. Thanks for the replies![/QUOTE]

I have one and I ride h/j. I love it. I have an older Albion Legend though, that is not as padded as the K2.