Unlimited access >

Anyone interested in an ISR Oldenburg NA inspection in NC?

Copied from FB:
ISR/Oldenburg N.A. has had a request for a Mare/Foal Inspection in N.C. If there are enough horses to make is feasible…they would do their very best to make it happen! Please contact the office if you are interested. And Breeders…beat those bushes! Talk to friends…there are very good quality mares out there that would benefit from the inspection process! Let’s get an Inspection in NC!
If interested the email for them is
isreg@aol.com

Allie, please keep me posted! I’ve never been to an inspection and would like to attend just to spectate. (Is that even done?)

[QUOTE=Petstorejunkie;7080696]
Allie, please keep me posted! I’ve never been to an inspection and would like to attend just to spectate. (Is that even done?)[/QUOTE]

Yes and it is very fun and educational. I will keep you posted :smiley:

Where in NC and are we talking about an ongoing on? I may not be able to make it this year. I have two potential mares at the moment.

There has always been one here in NC up until this year and they were always well attended. It sounds like a friend of Jessica F. has offered up her farm to host so we are waiting for more details. I believe the city is Waxhaw NC.

Email from ISR OLD NA

Dear breeder,

We are happy to announce that Jessica Fredericks from Statesville, NC will host an inspection on Fri Aug 23rd, 2013 at 9.00 am at DJR Sporthorses, 3721 Tom Starnes Rd., Waxhaw, NC.
Please, inform your friends and other interested breeders and feel free to address any eligibility questions to the registry.
The new site is already listed on the Tour Schedule on our website

www.isroldenburg.org

Very excited to announce that the OldNA/ISR Inspection at DJR Sporthorses in Waxhaw, NC 8/23/13 is now offering a Mare Performance Test as well as stallion inspection. Contact the office ISREG@aol.com with any eligibility questions. To sign up contact Jessica Fredericks at jessfred78@gmail.com

Allie - nobody for this year and thank goodness a farm stepped up BUT
As a NC resident - it is blistering hot in AUGUST and it seems the inspections for the Southeast keep getting scheduled during the worst heat months of the year.

Do you have any insight as to WHY the schedules are done this way ? Not just OLD

The West ie CA etc get the later in the year inspections but their weather often is not so brutal.

I really hate transporting mares and youngsters any distance when the heat and humidity indexes at the worst!

thanks

RPSI is in FL on August 9 and there are no stalls left so my horses would have to stand on a trailer all day… I just can’t be bothered to go in that sort of heat! Maybe if it was at the end of September instead.

[QUOTE=3Dogs;7086534]
Allie - nobody for this year and thank goodness a farm stepped up BUT
As a NC resident - it is blistering hot in AUGUST and it seems the inspections for the Southeast keep getting scheduled during the worst heat months of the year.

Do you have any insight as to WHY the schedules are done this way ? Not just OLD

The West ie CA etc get the later in the year inspections but their weather often is not so brutal.

I really hate transporting mares and youngsters any distance when the heat and humidity indexes at the worst!

thanks[/QUOTE]
I have no idea why the schedule seems to be doing that. I know a couple of years ago we inspected in the end of Sept, which was great…unless you had an early foal you had to wait to wean. I know that they said the schedule was very tight and they were “fitting in” this inspection with the only date available. Hopefully next year we will be able to get one later in the year but I am just thrilled that we have some where to take them this year :slight_smile: