Unlimited access >

Anyone ridden in an HKM saddle?

I’m shopping for a saddle for my new guy and had a local saddle fitter out yesterday to assess him and try some saddles. She also consigns saddles, so she has a small stock on hand, and is unaffiliated with any brand. I tried a couple saddles yesterday, my favorite of which (a Loxley) didn’t fit him great unfortunately. The second one I tried on him was a brand new HKM (adjustable gullet plates, wool flocked, removeable knee and thigh blocks). I wasn’t looking for something brand new, but I liked it more than I thought I would.

Anyone have experience with this brand? I know a few local trainers who ride in them and love them, but I always like checking with COTH for pros and cons as well.

Never heard of that brand, but I’m following because I’m interested in that type of saddle.

Can you post a link to the saddlery?

I didn’t know HKM even made saddles!? They do seem to be branching out recently. I’ve seen their bridles. Not top quality leather but not super expensive either.

Waiting on the saddle fitter to send me pics of it- it’s not super expensive, but it seems like decent quality for the price.

Don’t know if this will work or not, but here’s a picture. I knew they were new saddles, but I thought someone on here would have some knowledge on them

1 Like