Unlimited access >

Anyone Use Globetrotters Internetional for riding vacations?

They are in Australia. They have some cool looking trips, but with the time difference from the US, would it be a problem? I’m looking at a French Loire Valley tour.

I think Equitours is still in business in the US and there also used to be Equitrekking.

1 Like

I’ve used Equitours before. Meh. I’m going to try Globetrotters for a France trip

1 Like

I like the places that are transparent about where you are actually going - who the outfitter is etc. Some of the places don’t disclose that information fearing people will book directly- many do. I used to book for a place in Ireland and when that Cross Country International went belly up - oh man I got a call from the travel agent who booked with them, his clients were at Shannon Airport with not a soul in sight. I managed to work out a trip for them with my folks in Ireland in about 30 minutes. Never got much of a thank you from the agent or the clients.

1 Like

I have used both Unicorn Trails www.unicorntrails.com and Ride World Wide www.rideworldwide.com. Both companies check the rides in person and both are very transparent about what they offer. It is important to be honest about what you are after, too. They can organise as much or as little of the trip as you wish: flights, hotels, insurance, add ons. Because there is personal experience they can generally make helpful suggestions. As both are UK based, their prices are lower than a US company for the same trip.

1 Like

I used Equitour for an international riding trip several years ago. I was torn between 2 different destinations in non-European countries, so was a bit nervous already. I called them and they had a rep who had personally done both trips call me back. She asked me my riding experience and what I was hoping to get out of the trip. I felt very comfortable in my choice after talking with them and had a wonderful ( and repeat) trips with the outfitter.

1 Like

Did you end up booking the Loire Valley & Castles ride? It looks amazing, but has now sold out! The Cradle to Coast ride looks absolutely magical! When I called their office someone got back to me within 24 hours - so being based in North America didn’t make a difference :slight_smile:

I did go on the Loire Valley ride from chateau to chateau. It was very well run and I had a great time. I will say, the saddles were very flat and I wish I had worn some padded bikeing shorts. It was hotter than usual there. The food was amazing; the hotels were comfortable. I was one of nine ladies riding and they were just terrific. I wish we had more time at the chateaux.

2 Likes