Unlimited access >

Anyone willing to share cost of structure for indoor arena

crossing state lines made it interstate commerce

2 Likes

I understand that and I saw that in your post. It cracks me up, I don’t know why.

I wouldn’t use wood regardless of price.

For a steel kit, the kit should be about half of the installed cost (aka if you pay $200k for the steel kit it’ll take $200k to get it installed). Probably should be able to get a steel kit in NW Indiana for 100x200 around $270k (plus $270k to install).

Figure on at least $30k for the arena base (packed crushed compacted stone with a top coat on top).

I think ours was about $50k for electrical in 2014.

1 Like

Eighteen foot sidewalls??? What are you storing in there??? Our Road Commission cold storage building has 20’ sidewalls, and we store some BIG equipement.

18’ is pretty standard if you want to jump. I have a covered longe pen with a 14’ sidewall that we ride in sometimes and the roof trusses seem really close when you are riding a 16.2 horse!

18 foot also allows for Easy installation of sixteen foot high doors which then allow a standard tractor trailer if ever desired to get in/out which is limited 13ft 6 inches overall height

8 Likes

In Colorado, I recently had a quote from Morton for $300k to put up a 200 x 70 on my existing pad (no dirt work). No water, no electric, no insulation. The $300k was for the building shell, no windows, two doors one person door (mayb 2, I can’t remember) and the clear panels at the top. The total job, with dirt work (scraping the old footing, building up the base and putting in new footing, insulation, electric, lighting, and piping water out there would cost about $500k.

1 Like

I just read this and thought ya’ll might want to see this stat on the price of lumber…

“After surging 545% from April 2020 lows to
May 2021 highs, lumber futures prices have
plummeted 80% and are now 25% below pre-
COVID prices seen in February 2020”

3 Likes

I am not seeing building prices come down yet, I think because labor costs have gone up so much.

2 Likes

A little less than $12000 for a 30x60 saltbox like carport steel structure over an existing arena. Perfect size for young horses and semi privates on rainy and hot days.

I have seen larger outdoor arenas that are partially covered.
Don’t know if that was a preference or they meant to cover the rest later.
Some were cutting arenas and they would add panels to make two arenas, under cover to show, outside the warmup area. The Parelli arena in CO was like that, had seats under cover and is where he gave demonstrations, but part of it was open, no roof.

Those are fine to ride in there and in rainy days you could work on the covered side and have good footing and stay dry.

1 Like

Just like you were saying…

1 Like

@MapleBreeze - This sounds like a really interesting idea. Would you be willing to share photos?

Hello all - this may be the wrong forum but I am looking to sell our Clearspan 186 X100 foot arena cover - I put it up in California without permit - and the county is looking to have me bring it up to California codes (added $550,000.00) or tear it down - so I was hoping someone might be interested or know of an erector here in CA that can pull it down-

1 Like

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can find a good buyer.

What on earth is it missing that would need 550k to put in?

Hi. We are in California and I was interested in this type of arena. Did you sell?

Where did you find that?? I’m dying to find something I can use that is easy and can fit in my large arena.