Are all mole changes dangerous?

Last night I discovered a large-ish mole I’ve had on my thigh for forever has changed in a big way.
Its no longer deep brown and compact, its now diffused twice its size and two tone with a raised center.
With my history of neuro endocrine tumors i’m a bit freaked out.
I meet with the oncologist today to go over test results and will be sure to show it to her.
In the meantime i’m worrying a lot.

I would say to think to get every change checked just like you are. The earlier you are checked the more chance you have. If it is nothing then no harm has been done in getting it checked.

What did your Dr have to say about your mole? Jingling for good news.

Yes get it checked !

Any change in a mole is something to have checked out by your doctor. Did you show it to your oncologist?

No one can tell, merely guess.
A Dr may have an educated guess, but it is still only one more guess.

You need a lab report to tell you what you have there, yesterday.

Hoping it won’t be malignant.

Biopsy is CLEAN!!!
Thanks for the handholding!

Good, now you can progress with your plans without worry.

Go celebrate first.

I’m glad it went well! I’m late to this thread but want to add for further reference, like the op found out no not all changes are dangerous… But it’s very hard to tell without having the training and experience of a dermatologist. Some of my changing moles have been nothing, despite changing a ton and looking suspicious. The one that turned out to be melanoma barely registered on my radar.
Glad all is well op!

I’m so glad for you, Suz!

[QUOTE=bits619;8355460]
I’m glad it went well! I’m late to this thread but want to add for further reference, like the op found out no not all changes are dangerous… But it’s very hard to tell without having the training and experience of a dermatologist. Some of my changing moles have been nothing, despite changing a ton and looking suspicious. The one that turned out to be melanoma barely registered on my radar.
Glad all is well op![/QUOTE]

And if you’re super concerned, don’t hesitate to advocate for yourself by insisting on removal & biopsy. Dermatologists know the trends of skin cancers, but there can be sneaky ones that look fine. Biopsy is best!

And, just FYI for everyone: often HMO’s will have free, drop in skin cancer screening days, so if you’re someone who has spent a lifetime in the sun with horses and are at high risk, you can stop in a couple times a year and have a trained professional look you over.

I have a yearly skin check at the Dermatologist. It’s not embarrassing, it is very necessary, and it makes me feel very safe. I know people who never do this, because they don’t want someone seeing them undressed. The people who do this don’t care about your shape, or your weight, or what doesn’t look like a Playboy centerfold. Please get checked out every year.

They always ask if I have any problem areas, and always tell me to call them if I have a problem with something, and want to get it checked out. It’s always better to see a professional about something that concerns you.