Unlimited access >

Are tickets needed to watch Badminton XC?

Hey! This is probably a silly question, but I’ve never been to Badminton before. I was about to buy my tickets for XC day, but it says on their site that there’s no charge for “use of temporary grandstands around the xc course.” So what do the XC tickets give you access to if you can watch the XC without them? Thanks in advance!!

I would interpret that as “there’s no extra charge” and it’s not VIP seating reserved for special ticket holders.

Ok thank you!

It is all pre-pay this year: you must have a ticket to be allowed in. I’m not sure, but I think parking payment is in addition to entry to XC on Sat. Once on site, in the park, there are various stands where one may sit, including a limited number of seats in the main arena, with no additional payment. They tend to be placed near water. The majority of people will walk from fence to fence and wait two or three horses to get to the front if the crowd to see more. There are big screens around the site, particularly at food courts. If it is dry, shoes are OK, if wet, take boots as it can get really muddy from thousands of human feet.

Get you tickets soon, I saw on FB today they expected to sell out. (I don’t know of what, usually XC is unlimited but, there is parking to consider, and it’s the first after a 2 year break so perhaps they really will be at capacity.)

You need tickets to get in the gate for XC but if you want to watch from the grandstand (start/finish) you don’t need reserved seating as you do for show jumping/dressage. You can walk around & watch from wherever on the XC course with your ticket. And check out the shopping!