Unlimited access >

Arena Mirrors

Gigantic Mirrors does not install arena mirrors any longer. Who does? I emailed another place and the email bounced back. Someone MUST install arena mirrors (that know what they are doing) I would think! What type or brand of mirror do you have in your arena? Any help is appreciated.

[QUOTE=wakefick;8367783]
Gigantic Mirrors does not install arena mirrors any longer. Who does? I emailed another place and the email bounced back. Someone MUST install arena mirrors (that know what they are doing) I would think! What type or brand of mirror do you have in your arena? Any help is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I bought my mirrors from a local auto glass place. I researched on line and had all the prep work /supports done by my arena contractor so the glass people were able to install easily-drove in the arena and just put them up. Look up auto glass people in your area and discuss.

Yeah, I almost got hosed by Gigantic Mirrors. They took my money, made me wait to get on the schedule for installation. I had the back-board installed and was ready to go, was on the schedule for install and they did not come, then when I called for a new date they then told me they don’t do this anymore. But I did get my $$ back. I ended up using a local commercial glass company. They ordered the mirrors since they do not stock that size and thickness. It was more expensive than Gigantic’s quote but I think based on how it was installed, it was a much better quality job than how G was going to do it anyway.

NJRider, what kind of glass did you get? Do you mind sharing the cost?

I pulled my paperwork. I had 2 areas 20’ x 6’ (from the corner of the short side then 20’ long from each corner) I have a 12’ sliding door in the middle and my arena is 72’ wide. The mirrors were 10’ x 6’, so a total of 4 sheets. They have safety backing and are on J Mold, and glued on. The backing was treated wood then painted with kilz per their recommendation so the glue would stick really well. I don’t have the thickness but I know they were thicker than standard. The cost of the glass and install was $3500. I had a construction company do the wood backing, it is well done and was done per the Gigantic specs that they had on their web site. The glass company was local, I had to call several. The place I used had done arenas before.

Thank you!!!

I too used a local company . they had done arena mirrors before. I believe the backing was 1/2 inch plywood, slightly angled I don’t remember the degree. I think the mirrors were at least 1/4 inch but probably more, with a shatter proof backing. Do shop around if you can. The installers I used were the least expensive and quite knowledgeable.

They are just normal glass, not safety glass, shatter proof glass, or any of those exotic glass, right?

[QUOTE=Gloria;8371236]
They are just normal glass, not safety glass, shatter proof glass, or any of those exotic glass, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are normal glass mirrors. Here are some photos http://s183.photobucket.com/user/jklfarm/library/Mirrors