Unlimited access >

Ariat boots discontinued?

I wear comfortable Ariat boots daily to save my fancy boots for shows. I’m looking for new ones, and finding that the sizes at all stores (including Ariat) are limited, and not backordered. The folks at Dover said Ariat is not giving them info on when stock is coming. Have they stopped making boots??? I hope not…

Depends on the style…it seems like they rotate them out every few years. They will discontinue models (RIP, the red Volants) and replace them with something else a little different. Might be the case here. What model are they?

During Covid supply chain crisis Ariat boots pretty much evaporated here in Canada. They are made in China but I don’t know where. China is still having all sorts of issues with supply and lockdown. Many things the world needs are not easily available right now. Have you looked at Ariats home webpage? If they are still showing boots they aren’t discontinued but just very back ordered.

Look on eBay. I’ve found several discontinued ariats there.

1 Like

Many areas in China now going on 60+ days over 100 degrees. Power and water supply demands creating shut down of major manufacturing centers. Supply getting out is going to be further delay. I am really struggling to find my favorite shoe and going out on a limb to try a new model. Lesson learned once and for all, if you like it, grab a second one

Good luck on your quest

2 Likes

I’m feeling pretty cranky about Ariat tall boots. The quality has really deteriorated.

The ones I’ve had less than a year, clean after every ride and keep on trees, look beat up and worn out. They’ve dropped oddly, the color wears far too easily, and I noticed last week that I’ve actually worn through the leather in a couple of spots. This is with riding 4 or 5 times a week.

My 25 year old pair from back when they were made in Spain, and that I’ve put quite some miles on over the years, are in much better shape!

Petrie next time, I guess.

I agree Ariat quality has deteriorated, I loved their tek gloves, they used to last a least 12 months, now I can barely get 3 months before they’re wearing through.

As an alternative try Tredstep, the quality appears to have been consistent over the years. I have the pro gaiters rather than boots from them which I can recommend.

I feel a little better (not really) about getting only 3 months or of their more expensive archetype glove, and I only ride one horse so it’s not like 3 months in trainer land.

I do miss those red stripe volants, I think mine are about 7+ years old. They live at the barn, generally get abused and are still going strong. I do have the newer pair for showing, the one with the sort of side zip and the oil slick heel… blanking on the name. I only use those for lessons and shows and keep them at home in my closet, babying them… Because I know there’s no way they’re going to last like the old volants.

1 Like

I have Ariat feet, and I hated Tredstep. Most uncomfortable boots I’ve tried - they hurt the tops of my feet. I hoped once they broke in they would be better but they never did and I gave up and sold them for a fraction of what I paid to get rid of them. I would not recommend Tredstep, unless you have narrow flat feet perhaps.

I’ve ridden daily in Ariat paddocks with half-chaps for decades. I also thing the quality has declined. I’m trying to moisturize the most current pair somewhat regularly with Rapide. My most recent pair cracked and displaced from the sole. Now my horse feeding boots.