Unlimited access >

Arion v Meyer saddles

Does anyone have experience with both Meyer and Arion that they could share? Looking at both of these for wide shouldered horses, as both offer their own version of shoulder freedom panels, and I’m interested in hearing about others experiences/impressions/comparions. Thank you!

1 Like

I think Meyers hold more re-sale value so would pick that brand if I was between both brands that fit the horse and rider equally

I’ve been very happy with my Arion. They are the only brand I know of that has a truly “shoulder-free” panel.

2 Likes

Is anyone able to explain how their shoulder free panel is different than others? I looked at the website and was not able to find information about it. Thank you.

Thank you so much! That is very interesting -brilliant, really!

Yes, we’ve really liked the Arion rep, as well, and found her very knowledgeable (v. other reps from saddle companies I won’t name who have insisted that saddles that clearly didn’t fit the horses would be “fine” with the right pads.) That’s a huge point in their favor in my experience.

2 Likes

I just switched from 3 CWD saddles to Arion with 2 monoflaps and 1 dual flap. I have a very wide shouldered horse that we could NOT get CWD saddles to fit in any way- I gave up. Switched to Arion and love love love my Arion and fits all of my horses including the wide shouldered horse.

I’ve never heard of Meyer, but Arion is a newer brand. Only within the last two years or so have they started making saddles. Reps have been fantastic, quality and customer service top notch. Saddles are beautiful, well designed and so so lovely to ride in.

1 Like

Thanks, all. I’m going to follow up and see if I can find a rep.

Where are you located?

I am in Ohio

We just purchased an Arion for my daughter’s young horse. Our rep was very insightful and the customer service has been great so far. We haven’t received the actual saddle yet but the rep is delivering it next week, so will update after it’s arrived.

2 Likes

Forgot to add that my rep hand delivered the saddles, made sure they fit correctly.

Of the three saddles, one didn’t fit quite right, it was immediately shipped back to the USA location saddler and corrected and shipped back within one week. Fit great when I receive it back.

Wouldn’t hesitate to buy another saddle.

1 Like

Mine did the same! Thought that was a very nice touch given that she lives about 4 hours away.

1 Like

I’ve had both. The Meyer was great for my large 18h mare, but did not work at all for my narrow, older smaller gelding, with wither pockets. We were having the hardest time finding a saddle and the Arion rep stopped by and the saddle fit him like a dream. The Meyer was almost too full for his wither pockets and just didn’t fit him right. I think it depends on your horse. I loved my Meyer saddle, but the Arion worked best on him. They are both really nice saddles.

2 Likes

I’m an Arion rep based in Lexington, KY. Where in Ohio are you? Please feel free to message me. Would be more than happy to help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you-sent you a pm.

Let me know if there’s anything I can help you with. I’m an Arion rep (and a professional rider/trainer).

1 Like

Wanderlust: How disappointing! Trying to find a saddle to fit some of these horses is truly saddle hell. I am in it right now.

2 Likes

I talked w the Arion rep in my area; she was delightful. I have cervical dystonia which makes it very difficult to control my neck. When my big shouldered TB moves his saddle back (with shaved out shoulders) it is even harder to control my neck. For those of you who are riding in the Arion, do you see a big difference in the saddle staying in place/not moving back? Thank you!