Unlimited access >

Around the Farm FAQs -- copy, link, add useful info here!

We wanted to provide this FAQ thread as a work space for you to create a reference thread for your forum.

Find yourself answering the same question or providing the same info over and over? Post it here!

Think there’s a terrific thread that serves as a great reference on a given subject? If it has a funky title, folks may not find it. Post a link here!

While the site’s main FAQ forum and help forum can be of help on general questions, this thread can serve as a handy reference for this particular forum for new and seasoned users alike.

We’d also like to remind new users that the “search” and “advanced search” features are a great way to look for existing information on a topic you’re interested in before posting a new thread – click through via the light blue bar above.

Please remember, we can’t keep every thread on the forum due to size constraints, so if the thread you’re linking to is shorter and older, it may face the chopping block by default. If you think it’s worthy of linking to here, give me a heads up, and we can probably save it in the safe harbor of the reference forum!

We may come in and pare out commentary from this thread periodically to keep it concise.

Thanks and hope this thread is helpful!
Mod 1

This thread features COTHer recommendations for non-horse forums, if you want to find a place like this to discuss tropical fish, home repair or politics in depth: :wink:

BB Recommendations for COTHers, by COTHers

I was tooling around on google looking for something totally unrelated (namely geotextile material for stall matting) and found this awesome link http://bioengr.ag.utk.edu/extension/extpubs/planlist97.htm

It’s bookmarked in my favorites and has plans for horse jumps, barns, shoots, and many MANY neat things around the farm. Free and useful plans all in one location, that is a keeper site for sure!

I like this site - you can browse around and go deeper than what is posted in the menu, too: http://www.stablewise.com/default.htm

Farm layout, barn plans, paddocks, fence planning…

FBI Buildings has a really handy building design on-line tool that you can use to create your own design or adapt on already in the system. Best thing is you can save your design to go back to later on and you don’t get spam from FBI.

philippines,

in particular this section … yahoo travel philippines,

eco wood treatment

we used eco wood treatment on our fence, it was easier than painting the whole fence, looks really nice

i am trying to find a place to sell barn doors…any ideas? thanks.

Wood stall floors

Ok, I know this isn’t the place to post this but I’m new here and don’t know the ropes.

I know you have a thread regarding wood stall floors but I can’t seem to find it. Help me?