Ashlee Watts - horse abuse

I agree.

1 Like

OH NO!! If she owns a boarding facility I can’t imagine what goes on behind closed doors! If it’s in the same area then people must be aware of this because the horse world is really a small world. I can’t imagine trusting anyone to board my horse even if there were rumors of this!

8 Likes

Yes. The barn boasts that it is conveniently located within minutes of Texas A&M.

Yes, boarders have No Idea what
goes on behind closed doors.
I witnessed a BO gut- kicking a
mare because she urinated in
her stall.
Empty barn, til I strolled in. BO
sheepishly said, mare waited to
urinate til she got back in her clean stall . So she was teaching
her a lesson.
My young horse was petrified of this BO whenever she came thru
the barn and horse was in cross ties. His eyes about doubled in size.
We got outta there as quickly as we could as there were other
care problems.

19 Likes

This is my thought. If someone, let alone a healthcare provider, is willing to electrocute a horse who is suffering and in medical distress, imagine (or maybe not) what they are willing to do to a horse that says no.

It’s so hard to wrap my head around how disturbed you MUST be to repeatedly electrocute a suffering animal. And how society allows this person to be out and about handling animals.

25 Likes

From the Director of the Regulations Department at USEF.

“ We do have a matter open involving Ashlee Watts and we are carefully monitoring the criminal case as well as the case before the Veterinary Board.”

28 Likes

She breeds too. Two foals a year is the requirement to meet the ag exemption using horses.

My thoughts as well. I’m distressed beyond words how someone could do this and others not intervene. The fact that she should’ve lost her license forever after Dazzle… yeh…

9 Likes

I thought I could handle reading the report.

That poor horse. I hope Ashlee is prosecuted to the fullest extent possible.

14 Likes

It seems like this is going to actually go to trial in three weeks. Currently set for 9/16 and state witness subpoenas have been issued.

11 Likes

She already had her vet license revoked.

6 Likes

The trial on 9/16 is for criminal animal abuse charges.

7 Likes

Motion to dismiss denied. So, the process for a trial starts next week or maybe there will be a last minute plea deal made.

I can’t believe anyone really thinks she’ll get a NG out of this; not with that video as evidence.

21 Likes

Wow, I did not realize she was a dressage rider.

The For Dazzle FB page is giving court day updates if anyone wants to follow along.

The For Dazzle page is run by a woman who had to euthanize a foal after questionable care from Ashlee Watts.

Key takeaways from the For Dazzle update:

Two witnesses- Dr Vallon and Dr. Dutton.

Dr. Vallon was a 4th year at the scene. They played the video and he went through it minute by minute describing what happened. The state had him call out every instance of use of the hot shot while an officer of the prosecution made a tally that was later entered as an exhibit. Also discussed medical records or lack there of.

Dr Dutton is from Texas Tech and was a hot shot expert and went over it use (or lack there of) in the animal industry. Testified that the use in this circumstance was absolutely torture and was unwarranted.

None of the hot shot use was reported in the medical records on the pathology report from the necropsy.

Defense attempted to insinuate that the hot shot use was a “tap, tap, tap” not unlike the use of a dressage whip.

8 Likes

Facing felony charges and it could only be better if she were cattle prodded repeatedly.
https://www.chronofhorse.com/article/texas-equine-veterinarian-faces-felony-animal-cruelty-charge/

9 Likes

For Dazzle (Kutyba) has posted another update.

Today’s expert was Dr. Mixon who was with the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners. I’m just going to post a screenshot of the summary of the testimony given.

For the defense:

1 Like

Thank you. I cannot push the like icon but i appreciate the update too. Clipper

4 Likes