Unlimited access >

Atlanta area lessons with school horses?

I am looking for dressage lessons in the Atlanta area. I recently moved from Florida to start a new job. Looked at past threads but they are all 10+ years old.

I am in midtown but willing to drive.

I usually ride my mare in the jumpers but she is not sound at the moment and stayed in Florida. I dabbled in dressage this summer with her to improve on her rideability and engagement. Worked with two amazing instructors and ended up loving it! I had a dressage saddle and was 2 days away from showing at 2nd level when she got hurt.

I know upper level Hunter/jumper instructors and barns rarely have lesson horses. Is it the same in dressage? I don’t need anything super fancy, just looking to have fun, and get a correct education!

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to Atlanta! Olivia Reese has some lesson horses and will be about 35 mins from you.

I believe Charlotte Osborne might have some schoolmasters for lessons. She is in Alpharetta, which is probably more like 50 mins to 1 hour+++, depending on traffic. I used to go to Alpharetta from O4W and it could be 45 minutes or it could be an hour and a half and, as I’m sure you’re learning, there isn’t much rhyme or reason to Atlanta traffic. If you don’t mind the drive it’s an amazing facility, however.