Unlimited access >

Aunt Esther at WEG

Aunt Esther, national and international Purse Champion, sends greetings from Deauville, where she is staying during the World Equestrian Games.

Because of a change in schedule, Aunt Esther is not accompanied by her sister Aunt Edith,who wears Shapely breeches, but instead by Coreene, who also wears them.

Aunt Esther has enjoyed the first two days of dressage, and is quite impressed at the level of riding she is witnessing. Aunt Esther, however, does not understand where the need for wild and garish colors on helmets comes from. Or a brown tailcoat at this level of competition. And please do not make the terrible error of wearing a blue helmet with a black coat.

Aunt Esthern of course has a driver, but does warn those driving and without VIP parking passes that it can be quite a hike to the stadium from most parking areas.

For those who are fans of wearing sandals and other open shoes, Aunt Esther also points out that the ground cover in the Games Village is primarily DG and gravel.

Aunt Esther is currently retiring foer the evening but looks forward to discussing WEG in greater detail tomorrow.

Welcome back!

La bien venue Aunt Esther :slight_smile:

More please

Dear Aunt Esther (NaIPC),

Can you please comment on the reflective intensity of the dressage browbands at this competition? In your expert opinion, are they on balance stylish and tasteful? Understated? Garish? Are the browbands from the less decorated countries more understated or on par with the reflective index of the Northern European countries? It is unfortunate that Undercover has been withdrawn from the competition, but it is fortunate that you would not have to raise a gloved palm to shield your eyes if a particularly bright ray of sunshine hit his browband at just the right angle.

Thank you for considering my inquiry.

Aunt Esther, it is good to have you back.

AE is in rare form today, they have Para Dressage on the closed circuit and it has her verklempt. The sun is out and it should be 22C today, so it is the first day we do not have blankets over our laps.

Begging Aunt Esther’s pardon (as I probably more appropriately belong in the thread about acronyms), but what is DG?

[QUOTE=yaya;7733213]
Begging Aunt Esther’s pardon (as I probably more appropriately belong in the thread about acronyms), but what is DG?[/QUOTE]

I think it is a footing made from the ashes of ODGs.

Decomposed granite. She’s into the champagne right now.

I, for one, would love to hear Aunt Esther’s thoughts on the Para competition, as I would so love to be there watching live. Did she see any American riders go?

[QUOTE=Coreene;7733237]
She’s into the champagne right now.[/QUOTE]

À votre santé!

Aunt Esther is looking forward to the freestyles today. She reminded me to dress properly - she does this every single day. Most annoying. Yesterday we went to reining, and she whooped and hollered louder than anyone - I had no idea she had it in her!

AE did begin posting last night, but her phone kept ringing and she never made it back to the computer.

Aunt Esther - how are you coping with the Turkish toilets?

[QUOTE=DownYonder;7736965]
Aunt Esther - how are you coping with the Turkish toilets?[/QUOTE]
We are in VIP, so nice wcs :smiley:

[QUOTE=Coreene;7736981]
We are in VIP, so nice wcs :D[/QUOTE]

How silly of me to forget. Of course, Aunt Esther would be in VIP. She is after all the International Purse Champion. :lol:

Today it’s Hermes, yesterday Chanel, Wednesday Dior.

[QUOTE=DownYonder;7737049]
How silly of me to forget. Of course, Aunt Esther would be in VIP. She is after all the International Purse Champion. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ahem, National AND International Purse Champion.

Coreene, I’m certain that the whooping and hollering was assisted by the excellent French wine and champagne that you two are sampling, in addition to the spectacular rides. I am thrilled to hear that you and Aunt Esther (NaIPC) are having a civilized experience watching these amazing riders in Normandy. Please clutch some pearls for me.