Back braces

Anyone ride with a back brace? Any to revommend?. I’m looking for lumbar support

I wear this one and swear by it. I’m on my third one since 2006 because I wear the snot out of them. Any sort of barn and house work, mowing, bush hogging.

They run a tad small. I buy an XL. There are two side bands plus the main closure that are Velcro and adjustable. I started out being 5’4" but disc degeneration has put me at 5’2". There is a wide margin to loosen or tighten the XL, depending how I feel on any given day.

http://www.flaorthopedics.com/compon…pport?Itemid=0

I have been buying from this company^^^^^ for several years. They are great to do business with and ship in an expedient manner.

As an FYI, The first brace I bought was from National Bridle - I saw the brace in their catalogue. National Bridle went out of business and the company that bought them out does not carry the brace.

The good:

1. Reasonably priced and take a lot of abuse.
  2. Machine wash on delicate cycle, in cool water, four minutes, hang to dry or put on damp in the summer months.
  3. Has helped to keep my back stabilized to do things that I’m not supposed to be able to do.

The bad::

1. They hold a few degrees of heat and add to the misery of southern heat/humidity.
  2. They slide up when doing a lot of bending but I found any style of brace does.

Hope this helps:)

Thanks so much for the info

1 Like

I’ve been using this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mueller-Adjustable-Back-Brace/10533469

For several years now! I have a medical back brace (that was “only” a copay of $50 - supposedly a $500 medical device, sans insurance :rolleyes:), and I found it cumbersome and too rigid for riding. It cut into my stomach and ribs when I jumped or went up into two point. The Mueller back brace is inexpensive, durable, comfortable, and I wear it for riding, lifting things, training dogs, etc. That and a strong core enables me to do many things that were previously painful!

I just throw it in the wash with my other clothes on warm, regular cycle, hang to dry.

Thanks I will look for one

Hope they still make them as Professional Choice back braces are great and spouse is a P.T. so we have can have free braces. yet always ride with the Prof. Choice. Mine are old and still work great, velcro still works as new. They also made a mesh one for summer days.

I’ve seen several ads for the professional choice braces