back in the saddle

I was involved in a really nasty fall on May 4th in which i hurt my back, and had to take time off from the horses. Well today i got back in the saddle for the first time since then and it felt AWESOME. I rode the horse that I fell off of, and he’s never gone better, we worked on a dressage test for a show I have coming up in june…it feels so good to be back.:smiley:

Great news!

Congrats! :slight_smile:

Good for you ~ nothing like getting back in the saddle ~ just makes your heart and soul feel good ! Enjoy !

Fantastic! Glad to hear all the good news, and good luck in your show next month!

Fantastic!

It’s good to hear you’re back to riding. Best of luck with your show. Be sure to give us all the details :slight_smile:

Good news about being able to ride again and not only that, but looking forward to a show too.:cool:

I’m kinda worried about how the dressage test is gonna go,cuz i schooled the pony alone in the ring today after the other people in my group lesson left,and pony had the mother of all meltdowns(bucking,spinning to the left,whinnying,all the fun stuff)…got to the point where my instructor actually had to have one of the other horses come back into the ring so that my pony could regain his composure,see he wasn’t alone and finish my test,but the good part through all that?stuck it out and stayed on

[QUOTE=EightBelles134;4894422]
I’m kinda worried about how the dressage test is gonna go,cuz i schooled the pony alone in the ring today after the other people in my group lesson left,and pony had the mother of all meltdowns(bucking,spinning to the left,whinnying,all the fun stuff)…got to the point where my instructor actually had to have one of the other horses come back into the ring so that my pony could regain his composure,see he wasn’t alone and finish my test,but the good part through all that?stuck it out and stayed on[/QUOTE]

You are recovering from injuries.
Should you be the test pilot for the pony’s meltdowns?:eek:

Next time, try following the other horses out and coming back up to right before there is resistence and going out and back and so on, until the pony realizes that is the name of the game now and it is ok after all.:slight_smile:
Has worked for me several times, without fireworks.

Please, be careful.:yes:

sigh…now pony is lame after having another meltdown in the ring earlier today,i just CAN’T win

If the pony is freaking out at home he will likely be a zillion times worse off the property. Sorry he is lame but good that you aren’t going.