Back on Track Human products

Has anyone used Back on Track human products or similar brands? I’ve got lower back pain and I’ve been looking at different items to help the lower back muscles. I’ve also heard that some brands (can’t remember the name) offer products such as bedsheets?!? Any experience with those? Thanks for the input!

I have found amazing pain relief from using BOT human products. I have not yet tried the other brands.

If I remember right BOT does the sheets, but I have not tried them yet. I do lie on the small BOT mattress pad at night when my hip bursitis flares up and it helps me a lot with the pain. My husband uses it to help with his back after sitting hunched over for hours.

I have also found that the BOT back brace helps my lower back when it starts hurting from horse work, especially leaning over to rasp hooves down.

I LOVE BOT, I wish I could afford everything they sell.

I have the mini-blanket. I wrap it around my knee or put in on my lower back when I sleep.

I bought the BOT back brace after getting slight relief from a regular back brace. OH MY GOODNESS!! Within 1/2 hour I felt major relief happening in my lower back. I didn’t want to take it off. I’m a believer, for sure.

I got the new model of back brace and they do run a little small so bear that in mind when you order.

I had previously seen such good results on the no wrap tendon wraps for my horse. Takes swelling down immediately. Great products.

I’d be lost without my BOT ankle brace! I loved it so much that I ended up getting the mini blanket and scarf/wrap for my mom for her birthday (she has MS and one of her biggest issues recently is back and neck pain). She LOVES them! She uses the mini blanket as a cushion on her chair if she’s in front of the computer for any length of time, or when she’s driving. The scarf/wrap has been really nice for her for work and she can wrap it around her neck/over her shoulders/across her back as needed and gets a lot of relief from it as well. She finds back braces uncomfortable, so instead wraps and pins the scarf around her, under her shirt, if she’s having a bad flareup at work (she works with kinds under 3yrs old at a daycare, so having it under the shirt keeps it cleaner and reduces the chances of the kids grabbing it). I think I might get her the gloves for Christmas.

My DD loves her BOT knee brace when pain flares up… Her MIL is also quite appreciative of her BOT knee brace!! If we could afford it, we’d have a whole equine and human wardrobe…

I love my neck/ shoulder wrap. It’s normal for me at the moment to have a lovely night of shoulder spasms, neck pain and tooth grinding but when I wear the wrap I sleep more soundly and wake up with markedly less pain and stiffness. I must admit I was skeptical of the BOT phenomenon but I can’t argue with the results. I’m definitely going to keep using it until I can get to my PT.

I love my knee brace. I had a bad fall and tore multiple knee ligaments. I was still struggling with pain during my 12 hour shifts as an RN. I wear my BOT knee brace and it cuts alot of the pain and swelling. Now it sounds like I need to get the neck and shoulder wrap for my messed up shoulder.

I have the mini human blanket and love it. It definitely generates warmth - and I sleep with it over my lower back. I’d love to get the shoulder wrap next.

I sleep in the tshirt and boxer shorts and wake up less achey. I have the elbow braces for when my tendonitits flares up, 20 minutes and I can feel the relief! Also have the ankle brace, and dickie. I have worn the dickie to bed when my neck is stiff. Wake up much improved! On cold winter days I wear the dickie to ride. Love the BOT products!! My critters do too!!!

I sleep in the neck brace and T-shirt. It has done a lot for my chronic neck pain and stiffness. I need to get the knee braces too.

Bought a t-shirt for my mom for Christmas a couple years ago, which she then bought two more of so she could use them as underlayers, they helped her chronic shoulder pain so much.

I also got a pair of free socks when I bought my mare’s BOT mesh sheet: I have to say, it is the only item I haven’t seen anything great happen with. I was thinking maybe they would help with my ALWAYS cold feet (no pain, just always cold toes), but nope. I guess BOT can’t fix everything :smiley:

Oh they work, alright!

I have a long sleeved crewneck; a dickie; 2 knee braces (torn meniscus and a bone on bone situation); one ankle brace.

Next purchase: a pair of gloves for gnarly digits and a pair of socks for a broken toe.

DH has RA and I got him the gloves, he says they help his hand pain.

I swear by BOT for horses and myself. I’m actually going to see if I can find a blanket for my dog for her hips. After a rank cow riding wreck at a rodeo this summer, I used a BOT knee brace and wrapped myself up in a BOT jersey rug, I noticed a huge difference.

You might also want to try Draper Therapies products. They contain a different fiber but it has similar effects without usually generating as much heat (both my horse and I run “hot” so we over heat quick). Everything’s machine washer and dryer safe. My favorite products are the body wrap (I use it on a really bad ankle… lots of tendon damage due to years and years of jamming those heels down :wink: ) and the jump pad (it helps my sometimes nervous horse relax and washes awesome despite being white).

http://www.drapertherapies.com/Draper_Body_Therapy_Body_Wrap_p/bodywrap.htm

[QUOTE=curlykarot;7779467]
Has anyone used Back on Track human products or similar brands? I’ve got lower back pain and I’ve been looking at different items to help the lower back muscles. I’ve also heard that some brands (can’t remember the name) offer products such as bedsheets?!? Any experience with those? Thanks for the input![/QUOTE]

Love my ankle brace!

They are inexpensive enough that it certainly wouldn’t hurt for you to give it a try! :slight_smile:

I bought a BOT knee brace when I got runner’s knee earlier this year. Much to my surprise, it really did help, and it really did have a strong enough effect that I had to ease myself into wearing it for more than a few hours at a time. It wasn’t a miracle, but compared to the regular Ace elastic knee bandage I was wearing, the BOT bandage was better. Fortunately, the knee problems turned out to be shoe-related, so I’ll probably never need the brace again.

I’ve used the gloves (I have Raynaud’s) and also the neck thing. Both work pretty well.

I love this thread!

I’m totally putting some BoT products on my christmas list this year.

How high is the waist on the boxers or long johns? I’d love something that generates heat over my lower abdomen (up to just above my hipbones).