Unlimited access >

Bad Neighbors, Live & Learn...

[QUOTE=halfmagic3;7815526]
Rocking horse, I think the both of you are quite comical trolls going around looking for problems and places you don’t belong to interject your opinion that has no reverence to the situation at hand. Please go take your trolling somewhere else. Remember… It’s your choice to comment on MY tread and be an asshole with no good suggestions. Talk about being an adult, if you don’t agree with something, keep scrolling no one forced your hand to argue!

TBrocks, no we are not affiliated with any organized religion because we don’t believe in the church. Thanks for the trolling though. Continue with the uneducated posts… It’s quite comical! I use to be a California Zoo keeper and yes, I have a lot if VERY well cared for animals and well cared for farm. I find it hilarious that none of you trolls have actually read any of these other posts I have made. Because you sound like major asshats with the issues I have already addressed. I am done with this thread. Thank you to those that actually had intelligent things to say. I never come on COTH because of the asshole trolls and this exactly proved my point. Only a fraction of people with any brains on here but apparently every one knows everything! See ya![/QUOTE]

Okay, I am starting to understand why the neighbors do not treat you with respect and kindness :smiley:

[QUOTE=ayrabz;7815579]
wait? help me out here? who’s thread is it? halfmagic3 or halfmagic? And who are the trolls?[/QUOTE]

Good catch.

[QUOTE=Halfmagic;7815236]
Thanks for all the advise guys. I still think possibly going to see their bishop if the situation continues is the best course of action because these people HAVE proven that they are down right rude and disrespectful and doing something out of malice.

To those that are telling me the same thing they are, that I can’t tell them what to do on their property… I am not sure how you are as ignorant as they are when I clearly mentioned in the original post that “I would never try to tell someone what to do on their property.” Likewise, they can’t with me either, which equals profanity in my music to drive them off, being totally acceptable. If annoyance is the game, two can play it! I also cannot move my arena as it is now permanent due to fencing and substrate. If I were to move it, it would just end up on someone else’s fence line/next to their house; there is flat out no where else to move it. To say my neighbors of 35 years would move on me and I should have known that, I find a bit wild and cruel. They loved having us there and never minded my arena, actually really enjoyed watching me ride.

I have gone above and beyond for these neighbors in the past as well. Letting their kids over to play with my daughter, letting them ride a pony while being led, fixing their fences, mowing their lawns, taking care of their animals, giving them animals… Then they told me one day my horses were a liability and started treating me like this. I find it completely unaccepatable behavior and I am pretty positive there IS some sort of legal ramifications if a horse and rider were to be injured due to their negligence, even if the shenanigans ware on their property. Especially since I have paper trails of asking them to politely be mindful of the situation. I do agree that I need to make a very solid paper trail with them though. I have tried effortlessly to turn the other check, work on bomb proofing my horses and look the other way for months now. Some times there is a line that has to be drawn.

I am working on the giant Thuja’s as we speak; they are also a very fast growing form of screen like shrubbery, like all the others mentioned above.

For the record… My horses are pretty damn bombproof, I don’t need any more work on that and so much so, that my horses are afraid of them walking outside. I live across the street from a naval landing field where F18’s bounce on a daily basis. Most horses will not tolerate it, mine do just fine, after burners and all. My horses live around pot belly pigs, goats, zebu and alpaca; not afraid of those at all. Even cattle, no problem. Trampolines, no problem. My daughter chasing my horses with a power wheels, no problem. Things they can’t see flying out of nowhere will always be an issue for horse owners, if they can’t see where a noise or object is coming from or something sneak attacks them, you can’t train for that. That causes accidents and possibly death. Please be kind and actually thoughtful when responding because some of these are quite wild!

I apologize some of you don’t agree with my “descriptive terms” in order to describe them and the situation. Unfortunatly, they are true and I will use them as I see fit. We all have opinions and we are all entitled to them. My words aren’t mean or unkind, they are simply descriptive.[/QUOTE]
Just quoting.

[QUOTE=ayrabz;7815579]
wait? help me out here? who’s thread is it? halfmagic3 or halfmagic? And who are the trolls?[/QUOTE]

And between the two of them they have 17 posts but I am a troll :lol::lol::lol:

Oops, double post…

California Zookeeper? Trolling trolling trolling…

[QUOTE=katarine;7815610]
California Zookeeper? Trolling trolling trolling…[/QUOTE]

Now living by Fentress Field??? That’s a big move.

[QUOTE=halfmagic3;7815289]
Trunandloki… I have always been the neighbor that took the high road and ignored them. I am really sorry you don’t like me calling them Mormons, which is exactly what they are. Should I not call a sheep a sheep!? Yes, of course I am frustrated and angry with their piss poor behavior. Regardless of their behavior… they are still Mormons, I don’t care if they were Cathloic. No, I personally don’t believe in Mormonism and find their practices to be cult like but it doesn’t mean I hate all Mormons and am not religion tolerant. I think you have taken this quite a bit further away from the actual topic than you needed to! Sounds like you have some religious inequality going on in your life. Please take that up with someone else because that has nothing to do with this topic thread. This topic thread has to do with neighbors displaying piss poor behavior and what others may have done to help the situation, they just so happen to be Mormon and never leave the home. Usually Mormons, regardless of what I think of their biblical teachings, seem to be “solid citizens” which is why I was so appalled when all this started happening suddenly. People make a very good point to go politely speak the their bishop, it is a wonderful suggestion actually.[/QUOTE]

:eek: Oh dear…:no:

LOL, this is hilarious.

I’m still at a loss as to what these people do exactly, other than the kids entering the arena sometimes (which is wrong and should be addressed) and the dude accidentally missing his trash can (which deserved apology certainly, but also… was an accident).

Otherwise, they… play/do chores in their yard. Coinciding with when OP is riding. Is the cease and desist supposed to be for that? “Thou shalt do no works in thine yard while the Queen of Horse exercises her steed, indeed step thou not into thine yard during these occurrences”? Somehow, doing chores on their property will cause them to be responsible if OP’s horse throws her? IDGI.

OP, there are more of them than of you. And no law will prevent them from playing in their own yard while you ride, so before you start a neighbour war, just be aware: there’s just one of you, they OTOH can take shifts.

RockinHorse, good on you for quoting the OP!

[QUOTE=halfmagic3;7815526]
Rocking horse, I think the both of you are quite comical trolls going around looking for problems and places you don’t belong to interject your opinion that has no reverence to the situation at hand. Please go take your trolling somewhere else. Remember… It’s your choice to comment on MY tread and be an asshole with no good suggestions. Talk about being an adult, if you don’t agree with something, keep scrolling no one forced your hand to argue!

TBrocks, no we are not affiliated with any organized religion because we don’t believe in the church. Thanks for the trolling though. Continue with the uneducated posts… It’s quite comical! I use to be a California Zoo keeper and yes, I have a lot if VERY well cared for animals and well cared for farm. I find it hilarious that none of you trolls have actually read any of these other posts I have made. Because you sound like major asshats with the issues I have already addressed. I am done with this thread. Thank you to those that actually had intelligent things to say. I never come on COTH because of the asshole trolls and this exactly proved my point. Only a fraction of people with any brains on here but apparently every one knows everything! See ya![/QUOTE]

Hey, all you people with no reverence to this tread need to troll somewhere else.

Thanks, OP (whichever one you were). Good stuff, especially the zookeeper part. Just FYI though, calling people a**holes will probably get you banned. Maybe we’ll see you back as “halfmagic4”?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, the original post is gone, but thanks to RockinHorse, it’s quoted in it’s entirety :lol:

[QUOTE=RockinHorse;7815344]

Generally, as far as I am aware it is the motorists and cyclists responsibility to keep others safe when they are public roads and property, not when they are in their own back yard.[/QUOTE]

And that is where you’d be wrong, unless our laws have changed significantly in the last 20 years.

[QUOTE=sascha;7816883]
And that is where you’d be wrong, unless our laws have changed significantly in the last 20 years.[/QUOTE]

I am not a lawyer but I would like to see the laws that state I am at fault if I am behaving legally on my property and someone not on my property hurts themselves because my legal actions startled them.

I would have never built the arena right next to the road and in between the two houses. Instead, I’d have built it back behind the barn and away from the road. There appears to be a fenceline and neighboring field on one side (no house) and a pasture belonging to the OP on the other. At this point, unless she’s willing to move her arena, the only thing she could possibly do would be to move her jumps into one of the back fields away from the neighbor’s house. Unless I’m looking at the wrong property, but given that the location was already mentioned in a previous post, I don’t think I’m wrong.

Just read the whole thread through and this relationship seems to have been going sideways almost from the start. I would think there is now too much bad blood for you to put it right and any escalation on your part would immediately provoke a negative response from them (trust me on this) … and it sounds like there are more of them than you so at this point I would tread very lightly. You appear now have two options left, either build as big and as solid a fence or barricade that you are allowed or move.

“when the landlord foreclosed and we had find a new farm in less than a month’s time”

A foreclosure takes much much much longer then a month and tenants have the right to stay in the home through out the foreclosure.

“In some instances, panicked homeowners leave their home after missing a few mortgage payments or once a foreclosure is initiated. However, you have the legal right to remain in your home until the foreclosure process is completed. This process can take a few months or, in some cases, as much as a year (or even longer in states with a large backlog of foreclosures, such as Florida and New York). Read on to find out more about when you have to leave your home as a result of foreclosure.” http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/when-do-you-have-leave-your-home-when-its-foreclosure.html

While this thread is entertaining and the OP likely a troll, I can see the frustration if this were a real life situation, mostly because I have a potentially similar situation. The people across the street from where I ride are NOT horse-savvy; and some days I do wonder if they time themselves to our riding because the BO asked the trainer to leave years ago. The trainer had several kids who all played with neighbor’s kids and I just wonder if they are mad about it.

But I would never tell them not to do something on their own property! Is it annoying when I am out at the barn ALL day, see when the neighbors are home, and when I go out to ride (or when new trainer gives lessons) they send kids out screaming, start a fire, get their Bobcat out and spin in the driveway? Yeah, it is. It’s also annoying when boarders are riding and they shoot their guns. And YES many of us think these people time it for when someone is riding. Or it’s an insane coincidence. But none of us would go tell those neighbors “quit doing your work on your property!”. That’s their right.

[QUOTE=KSquared;7817127]
“when the landlord foreclosed and we had find a new farm in less than a month’s time”

A foreclosure takes much much much longer then a month and tenants have the right to stay in the home through out the foreclosure.

“In some instances, panicked homeowners leave their home after missing a few mortgage payments or once a foreclosure is initiated. However, you have the legal right to remain in your home until the foreclosure process is completed. This process can take a few months or, in some cases, as much as a year (or even longer in states with a large backlog of foreclosures, such as Florida and New York). Read on to find out more about when you have to leave your home as a result of foreclosure.” http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/when-do-you-have-leave-your-home-when-its-foreclosure.html[/QUOTE]

Yes, but the landlord isn’t obligated to tell his tenants that he is behind on his mortgage payments and the rental house is about to be foreclosed on.

My new neighbor who lives on property immediately behind my arena recently adopted a large (Bull Mastiff) dog. His dog has spooked my horses on more than one occasion while riding in the arena. My husband asked him nicely if he wouldn’t mind putting his dog in while we ride, and the neighbor obliged. However, we are aware that the neighbor has every right to put his dog out in his yard whenever he pleases, regardless of how inconvenient it might be for us.

Except for the kids trespassing, your neighbor has every right to use his property as he sees fits as long as his activities are legal. I would plant a hedge, put up an electric tape fence to keep the kids out (be sure to put warning signs on the fence) and confiscate any toys that end up on your property. That ought to take care of the problem.