bareback pad

hi

Found that my saddles don’t fit :mad: so brought a bareback pad for 3 reasons

1. money $357 vet bill so no money for a fitting and new gullet
  2. my flatmates kids want to learn to ride and i believe that learning to ride bareback first gives a better seat in the saddle
  3. i will get a better stretch

as i dont have the money have the money to compete right now it will be for around home and beach work

does anyone else with cerebral palsy use a bareback pad

I don’t have cerebral palsy, but I’m rehabbing from a traumatic brain injury and complicated spine injuries, and I use a bareback pad. I agree that 1) $$$ - hard to find the right saddle! I’m very fortunate to have found a great saddle before the injury, but I’ve yet to ride in it since, so I don’t know how that will all work out yet. 2) Feel is MUCH better bareback! When I first started riding after the injury I only did bareback because I had much better feel and balance that way, ironically. It also made me use my core to maintain my seat and balance, rather than depending on my stirrups. 3) I have MUCH more freedom of motion bareback than in a saddle - I do a lot of stretching and pilates-type work while riding to increase range of motion and build strength, and this is much easier and targets the muscles I want much better while riding bareback.

Sounds like a bareback pad is definitely the right choice for you!

cerebral palsy is the label for traumatic brain injury in children under 8

I have degenerative nerve damage, Dystonia, and a long list of weird stuff! When I am coming out of a relapse, I have found a bareback pad works the best for me and gives me the best feel. My bareback pad is sheepskin, has a “regular” girth, and is used with lightweight stirrups, such as Royal Riders. Technically, it is considered a bareback saddle. My horses are very comfortable in it. I bought it from www.lasaddles.com
Good luck :slight_smile: