Unlimited access >

Barisone Aftermath: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity, And Then

Sorry. For some reason words were left out of my comment and it’s not letting me put them in, in an edit. For example the Dr’s name.

1 Like

It’s amazing that some people seem to fail to grasp that the insanity verdict applied to his state of mind at the time of the shooting, almost 3 years ago.

Not today. Or last week. Or last month.

Or tomorrow. Or next week. Or next month.

43 Likes

Delusional for a very short period of time two and a half years ago does not equate to automatically delusional or insane forever. Pretty simple concept, shouldn’t be that hard to grasp.

44 Likes

AND, as long as he’s sitting in jail without access to his COURT ORDERED evaluation, contrary to NJ law, How would anyone know what his state of mind and mental health is? He could be deemed not a danger and be released. Or, he could be ordered to undergo further treatment. But until someone gets the dang ball rolling, how will anyone, including MB know?

33 Likes

Not agreeing with you is not the same thing as not understanding 🤷

Perhaps call their state legislator and also contact the NJ Attorney General’s office. I don’t know if either of them can do anything though - esp. if MB is not a NJ resident. Another thought is to contact the local media outlets. I would think it could make for an interesting news story and a piece on the evening news might help get wheels turning.

9 Likes

your simplistic comment made it clear you were missing the complexity of the case.

19 Likes

Those are all really good ideas. Personally, though, I don’t want to step on the toes of his attorneys. They’ve taken good care of him so far. I have to trust they’ll do what’s best going forward. I just really want to know what that is! And, if Mr B puts a call out for a campaign to media, etc I’ll jump on board.

9 Likes

The ACLU has defended the right of actual Nazis to march.
They are conerned with law, not personalities.

28 Likes

That was decades ago.

1 Like

So?
The ACLU still operates out of a concern for the preservation of constitutional and legal rights.

36 Likes

True, as mentioned in the Depp/Heard trial last week!

10 Likes

The ACLU is currently arguing a case regarding the rights of a defendant related to the confrontation clause.

They’re also arguing for the rights of a Boston Marathon bomber.

It doesn’t matter if he’s a white man or who he shot - if there’s a civil right that is being violated the state ACLU is likely interested.

19 Likes

No. Defense expert says he WAS delusional. At the time. 2.5 years ago. Hence NGRI. That does not necessarily mean he’s a risk due to his mental health now.

They are supposed to be determining that in the initial 30-day assessment which should be half over at this point. Instead he is still locked up in jail.

26 Likes

Even I figured that out… :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

It’s time to stop playing CH’s annoying, disingenuous game. We can respond to the inane remarks, like this one

or ignore them, and maybe they will stop.

25 Likes

If anyone is wondering, yesterday’s update:

12 Likes

Thanks for posting the update.

That must be a screen shot from the GoFundMe. Glad that is doing so well and that we are getting updates there.

3 Likes

Yes it is. Just went to check it out. In case anyone is wondering:

7 Likes

one universal thing government workers dislike is work, if the jail is flooded with correspondence they will then find a way to get him out of there

7 Likes